News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how do I use obi attendant to make an outgoing call, please?

Started by RappLake, August 20, 2018, 01:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RappLake

I want to use the Obi to connect me with a number using my "trusted" mobile phone.

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: RappLake on August 20, 2018, 01:34:06 PM

I want to use the Obi to connect me with a number using my "trusted" mobile phone.

Thanks
Perhaps you should explain why you want to do this.  Maybe you misunderstand what the AutoAttendant and trusted caller does.

Call from your mobile goes over the cellular network to your cellular provider's infrastructure who pass it to GV who forward it over your satellite connection to your OBi.  The AA picks up the call, looks at the incoming CID and sees that the call is from one of the trusted numbers.  Instead of asking for a PIN the AA asks you for the number you want to call.  You key that in and an outgoing call is made over GV.  The OBi bridges the incoming call from your mobile to the OBi and the outgoing call from your OBi.  You have the additional delay of another satellite hop.

If your real requirement is to locally connect your mobile phone by Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to your OBi and call out on the GV service configured on the OBi, then the AA and "trusted" do not come into it. However if the phone can run Hangouts, just use that to make the call.

A_Friend

Quote from: RappLake on August 20, 2018, 01:34:06 PM

Thanks

You get remote access to the Auto Attendant by dialing in to an SP slot on the Obi where you have defined an Inbound Call Route to aa.  To dial out via aa, you select option "2".

Here's a sample of an inbound route:  {(18005551212|18885551111):aa},{ph}