News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 Problem: Person calling me cannot hear phone rings

Started by Babz, August 25, 2018, 01:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Friend

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 27, 2018, 08:37:23 AM
Quote from: A_Friend on August 27, 2018, 08:25:18 AM
Quote from: Babz on August 27, 2018, 05:09:25 AM
I wonder, if you had 3-4 Google Voice numbers, if there is a way to switch which one is your outgoing number as needed. Is there a master setting for choosing which SP is your outgoing number on an OBi200?

There is such a master setting.  I can only tell you where it is on the local UI.  [It's probably in a similar place on ObiExpert, so check there first, but I'm no expert on that (i.e. fairly clueless), as for various reasons that some here vigorously disagree with, I tend to avoid the Obitalk portal.]

On the local UI (which you get to via a browser to the Obi200's IP address), you'll find it under Physical Interfaces/Phone1 Port.  It's called PrimaryLine.  Besides SP1 through SP4, there are a few other choices, some only available with external add-ons. 

You can always access any of the registered SP's on an individual call with **1, **2, etc., and you can code those into your speed dials, too.  But the PrimaryLine setting determines which trunk gets used if you don't explicitly say.

Ignore this moron.  He posts utter nonsense in multiple threads.

I already correctly answered Babz question.  The OBiTALK portal allows the user to easily set which SP is used as the default for outbound calls.

Babz, as you can tell, mentions of the UI or avoiding the Obitalk portal irritates SteveInWA no end.  Which is his right.

However, there is absolutely nothing in my response which is wrong, or misleading, and certainly not "nonsense."  That's the way you would change your default SP without the portal if some day you find yourself in that situation, which I do.

So, it's absolutely true as far as it goes.  Steve, on the other hand, is THE expert on the Portal and takes a great deal of pride in it, and deserves a lot of credit for all the people he helps.  I just wish he wasn't so... easily irritated.