News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

All lights on 202 work except Power - No Dialtone

Started by CLTGreg, August 25, 2018, 07:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLTGreg

I'm guessing this is fairly obvious that the unit is gone bad. It lasts for a few days and the network light is blinking quite frequently and others are solid as usual but about once per week the power light goes out and the device is dead for making phone calls.

Has this been seen a lot?

SteveInWA

Well that's a new one.  It's pretty cut-and-dried:  no user serviceable parts inside.  If the power LED is off, then it's a power problem.   ::)

Either the "wall wart" power supply is flaking out (internal component failure or loose/damaged wires in the cord or plug), or the OBi itself is failing.  If you have another 12VDC power adapter, I'd try that next.  It's a common adapter used by lots of electronic gizmos like home routers, switches, etc.

CLTGreg

OMG that's a good thing to check. Plus I have a 200 not in use. They look at first appear to be the same. Thanks!

SteveInWA

Yep, the 202 and the 200 use identical power supplies, so swap 'em and see what happens.