News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 stopped working with GV

Started by Caesar, August 26, 2018, 07:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caesar

I recently bought the Obi200 and Google Voice was working well for a few months.  It now does not work and the phone light is off.  When I log into my Obitalk account, Google Voice is listed as "Offline".  When I try to reconfigure, it says "Configuring" for quite a while, but never actually completes and eventually goes back to Offline.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

drgeoff

A_Friend

Get the IP address by dialing *** and then 1 from the phone.

The user id and password is admin/admin.

Your firmware version ("SoftwareVersion"), and the status of various connections should be on the initial System Status screen, which pops up automatically when you first log in.  Scroll down to ObiTalk Service Status and make sure it doesn't say "Disabled."

Foster900

Hi,

I have an OBI200 with the exact same problem. HardwareVersion   1.4 SoftwareVersion 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

It was working fine until we transferred our Google voice number to a different email account, deleted it, did factory reset like the tutorials said, and now there's no phone light so it can't even do the echo test let alone dial out to verify adding it. All options at factory default and nothing else has changed on the router or anything from a few hours ago when it was working.

notconfident

Why, oh why does GV make me re-confirm every three months?!!! It is super-annoying to discover my phone doesn't work. I then have to boot up my computer and log in and reconnect it. It is a pain in the neck!!! (Thanks for letting me vent.) I understand making me re-verify the number from time to time, but why can't someone give me a little warning first? Does anyone know??

SteveInWA

If you have a forwarding phone number linked to your Google Voice number, and you have disabled forwarding to that number, then Google Voice has no idea whether that linked number still belongs to you.  Many users link a forwarding phone number, and then abandon the number (switch carriers, discontinue service).  After some months, that number gets re-issued by its carrier and then, your inbound GV calls get forwarded to somebody else's phone.  To prevent this, Google Voice periodically asks you to verify your linked number(s) if they aren't being used.  If you don't want to get these notes, then a) forward calls to that number, or b) delete the number off of your list of linked forwarding numbers.