News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can NOT configure Obi1032 on Router Alcatel-Lucent G-240W B

Started by AceDoc, August 26, 2018, 08:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AceDoc

Howdie folks,
New here so please be kind. I got Obi202 working on the same router here in Saudi Arabia. I have a Fiber optic ISP provided router by Alcatel-Lucent (G-240W B). Unable to add my VoIp Obi1032 to the Obitalk. I did the Factory reset by power-on with Home and Back keys pressed for over 10 secs. Strangely enough, I do get a dial-tone even when the internet cable is disconnected from OBI1032. When I try to dial a US number on OBI1032 it remains silent for a few seconds then the line starts flashing. Even tried going over VPN connection to see if possibly the ISP was blocking the IP address for OBI server but NO LUCK.

Wehn I do an "Add Device", while the Internet cable attached to the SW port of OBI1032, I get the code to punch-in. As instructed here:  https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/add However there is complete silence and I never get the automated response to confirm if Obi server was able to connect to the OBI1032. The timer countdowns to zero and I am directed to the following message.

Failed to connect to your device. Please check your device's internet connection:

1. Check to be sure the OBi device's power LED solid green. If the power light (LED) is blinking green, that means the OBi can't get an IP address from your router. Verify the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the OBi and the router. If available check if there is a link light (LED) on the router port where the Ethernet cable connects. If the LED behavior appears to be faulty, try another Ethernet cable.

2. Can you call **9-222-222-222 ? If not, make sure your router's firewall is not blocking traffic from the OBi. Click Here for more.

3. If you are using a Westell / Actiontec router, you MUST disable the firewall. Click Here for more.

Click Try Again or click Cancel to return to the device list.

I am also not able to call **9-222-222-222 either. I just get that typical telephone signal when you call a number that is out of service.

How do I configure OBI1032 over this router? Is the fiber-optic router the problem but why does the OBI202 work OK on the same router. How do I know if the ISP is blocking me?

Please help..I am out of ideas.

Thank You

drgeoff

Yes, you should get dial tone even without an ethernet cable plugged in,

Until you can reach the echo test number nothing else will work.

Has the 1032 got a valid IP address?  By default after a reset it uses DHCP.  What does the on-screen menu system show for address?

AceDoc

Thanks Drgeoff,

No, I do not get an IP Address. When I try to do manual inquiry (i.e ***).

I  do not know how to lookup IP address on-screen menu. None is showing on its own. I can apparently "disable" DHCP manually by using the *** menu. The Alcatel-Lucent G-240W B does not allow the user to disable DHCP. How else can I get Echo Test working?

The fact that I can use the *** menu and do have a dial tone mean anything. Does that mean I can get to Obihai server or Not?

I do have an OBI WIFI. Is it possible to set-up/configure OBI1032 on OBIWIFI instead?

Any ideas please, I am stumped. Thank you.

drgeoff

Quote from: AceDoc on August 27, 2018, 04:28:10 PM
Thanks Drgeoff,

No, I do not get an IP Address. When I try to do manual inquiry (i.e ***).

I  do not know how to lookup IP address on-screen menu. None is showing on its own. I can apparently "disable" DHCP manually by using the *** menu. The Alcatel-Lucent G-240W B does not allow the user to disable DHCP. How else can I get Echo Test working?

The fact that I can use the *** menu and do have a dial tone mean anything. Does that mean I can get to Obihai server or Not?

I do have an OBI WIFI. Is it possible to set-up/configure OBI1032 on OBIWIFI instead?

Any ideas please, I am stumped. Thank you.
One of the 6 choices on the Home screen is Configuration or Settings. (ISTR the name is different between UK and US.) Select that with the direction keys and press OK.  The top item should be the IP address.

The dial tone is generated internally.  The voiced replies are generated internally. Neither depends on network connectivity.  Reaching the echo test number is a prerequisite for any further success.

Ensure you have the ethernet cable fully into the sockets at the OBi end and the router end.  Try another cable.  Try a different LAN socket on the router.  Power the OBi off for 15 seconds between each wiring change.

You do not want or need to disable DHCP on the router.  Even if you did want to use a static address for the OBi you would not disable the router's DHCP server.  Anyway, much easier to get going with the OBi using DHCP.

It is possible to connect using Wi-Fi but that tends to be much harder to get going than wired.

Are you using a single shortish cable between OBi and router?  No extra ethernet hubs, switches, inter-room wiring etc?