News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Mesh Router

Started by Jeremy153, August 26, 2018, 10:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy153

Hi there , I'm Jeremy.
If I connect OBI200 (already setup) to my Google Mesh router it is OFFLINE.
If I connect a DLink router to the Mesh and connect the OBI to the DLink, it works fine.
ufabet
Obviously, the Mesh is blocking it - what do I need to configure in the Mesh to run the OBI directly thru it?

SteveInWA

Hi Jeremy:

I've been reading that other Google WiFi users have been having problems getting their VoIP service to work on their system.  I suggest that you check out the official help forum for Google WiFi, and, if you don't find the answer there, open a new discussion post on that forum.

chilirock

@Jeremy153,

I use Google Wifi mesh as my primary router with two satellite pucks to distribute the wifi throughout the house. My primary puck is connected directly to the cable modem on the WAN side and to an unmanaged switch on the LAN side. My Obi200 plugs into the unmanaged switch. The only unique thing I have done for the Obi is to assign it a fixed IP address outside of the router DHCP range. I did this via via the Obi Expert portal. The fixed IP address seems to help the device come back on-line more quickly and reliably when the device reboots, e.g. loss of power, pushed updates, etc.

I have two Google Voice accounts and one CallCentric account configured on the Obi device. All are working fine for me using the Google Wifi mesh router.

BigJim_McD

Jeremy, just an FYI. 

I have OBi202(s) working on Google WiFi networks at two different locations (in different states) without any issues.  One unit is connected to Comcast internet service, the other connected to COX service.

At each of the two locations, the first Google WiFi puck WAN port is connected to the modem, then the second LAN port is connected to an unmanaged 8-port switch.  The additional WiFi pucks are connected to the unmanaged switched with CAT-5 network cables.  I use "DHCP IP reservations" on the Google WiFi APP to set the IP address for the OBi202(s).  The OBi202(s) use the default "AddressingType  'DHCP'".
BigJimMcD

SteveInWA

Glad to hear that it can be made to work.  Thanks, guys!