News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Necessity of Caller ID & Call Waiting?

Started by Ostracus, September 07, 2011, 04:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ostracus

A rather light question for those who've attempted it. I'm thinking of getting metered service for the POTS and wondering is Caller ID and Call Waiting necessary to get the most out of the Obi100/110's features?

RonR

QBZappy

Quote from: Ostracus on September 07, 2011, 04:12:51 AM
I'm thinking of getting metered service for the POTS and wondering is Caller ID and Call Waiting necessary to get the most out of the Obi100/110's features?

It will work without it, however some of the best features work with CID. ie: Callback, Circle of trust with family/friends to the Auto Attendant, call blocking, etc...
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

Quote from: QBZappy on September 07, 2011, 09:39:03 AM
Quote from: Ostracus on September 07, 2011, 04:12:51 AM
I'm thinking of getting metered service for the POTS and wondering is Caller ID and Call Waiting necessary to get the most out of the Obi100/110's features?

It will work without it, however some of the best features work with CID. ie: Callback, Circle of trust with family/friends to the Auto Attendant, call blocking, etc...

That's what I suspected. Problem is the phone company has structured it so that it's cheaper to have them than not. I can still save some money by cancelling long distance, paring down to the barest features, and getting rid of that line repair add on. That leaves me with E911 and the ability to accept collect calls.