News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice number inbound and outbound are two different numbers Hello

Started by digitaleagle12, August 29, 2018, 09:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitaleagle12

Hello, I have a frustrating problem that I thought you might be able to help me with.

I have had a Obi 202 for the last couple of years.  I was assigned a 386 Google Voice telephone number and it has been working fine for the last couple of years, 

Recently, when calling outbound to people, they have been reporting that they are getting a 992 area code on their caller id with a totally different 7 digit number after the area code from my actual Google voice number.  This just started happening about 2 months ago. 

I verified this myself by dialing my GV phone to my cellphone. 

The only thing I have recently changed has been re-instating my Anveo 911 service. 

When I look at the advanced configuration - I see there is a softphone setting, that also shows up in the #1 slot of my speed dial.  I can't delete this for some reason and wonder if it is related somehow to the different caller id showing up. 

I was thinking of resetting the 202 and re-configuring everything again, but really don't want to go through the hassle. 

I haven't been able to find anything related to this on the internet. 

If anyone knows what is causing this and could tell me how to resolve it, I would be grateful. 

It's been very frustrating.  People can still inbound dial me on my 386 Google Voice number just fine, but I would really like the same number to be sent to their callerid. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Dave   

A_Friend

Just for grins, put a "**1" in front of your cell number when calling yourself.  Don't forget to dial the "1+" as this might bypass your dial plan.

You'll be dialing like:  **1 1-888-555-1212, or literally:  **118885551212

See what number comes up that time.  Then repeat with **2.

drgeoff

1. The softphone is normal and totally unrelated to your problem.  It can be hidden on your dashboard but cannot be deleted.

2.  I suspect that when you reinstalled Anveo it became the Primary Line.  The calls with **1 and **2 prefixes will test if that is indeed the case.

3.  Please delete your duplicate post so that all discussion takes place in this thread.

A_Friend

The primary line is just a setting.  You don't have to reinstall anything.  Let us know the results of that test and we can guide you.