News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls from virgin mobile going straight to voice mail

Started by medmansri, September 07, 2011, 11:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

medmansri

The title says it all.  cell phone call from virgin mobile to home obi phone are going straight to voicemail.  I've recently gotten virgin mobile and it was fine initially for a couple of weeks.  This problem started after that for no apparent reason.  All other calls go through just fine, from other obi, AT&T, or land line phones.  It's just my cell phone calls to my home obi that does this weird thing.  Even calling from cell > friends obi is fine.

I haven't changed any settings.  Only change would be an firmware update to 2384 but I think it worked even after that update, but I wasn't sure.  So today I tried downgrading to 2289 but that didn't help either.

I'm not sure what I could have done or changed.  Suggestions will be appreciated.

crazyk4952

RonR

In advanced settings for your cell phone number in your Google Voice account, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)

medmansri

Quote from: RonR on September 07, 2011, 11:27:20 AM
In advanced settings for your cell phone number in your Google Voice account, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)

My god you're a genius.  That has worked, thanks!

But the strange thing is I turned off the option to forward calls to my mobile so I thought the settings wouldn't matter. 

Thanks again!