News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One step calling with 2-stage dialing or any similar approach

Started by LucasT, September 02, 2018, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasT

Dear all,

My OBi212 has line connect to PSTN, SP1 to callcentric (phone with extension 100).
I want to call a number from my mobile connect to callcentric (phone with extension 101) through pstn without 2-stage dialing, can i do it with OBi212?

example:

I want to call a number 0912345678 form my smartphone via softphone connect to callcentric.
If I use 2-stage dialing, I will need to do the following steps:
* From my smartphone, call 100 (sp1)
* get thuru auto attendance, enter PIN, then enter 0912345678 manually
* the call will send to PSTN

Can I do something like : from my smartphone just call: 100#PIN#0912345678

Thanks.

azrobert

Quote from: LucasT on September 02, 2018, 04:24:44 PM

No.

You're already connected to Callcentric. Why can't you just make a call or do you want to use another provider?

Are you using an Android?

A_Friend

First up:  You've posted the exact same message four times.  I'm sure this happened because the posting system gave you an error message so you thought it hadn't posted.  The message posting system is half broken, but it had.  Please go into your posted messages (you can find them under Profile/Show The Last Posts Of This Person) and delete the extra copies.   This will prevent any threads that might develop on your topic getting forked.
________

I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to set up or the purpose of it.

So, instead of answering your question, I'm going to share what I do that sounds sort of similar to what you're asking about, and see if that's the sort of thing you're interested in.

I don't have a PSTN line, but I have Google Voice set up on my Obi202, as well as voip.ms on SP2.  I've also set up AA with an inbound call route on SP2 based on incoming caller ID.  My goal with my smartphone is to use it to make calls with my Google Voice number as my outgoing caller ID.  I also don't have a data plan on my smartphone, so my options are a little more limited than if I did.

So, using a softphone on my smartphone, I'm able to place calls to AA by dialing a 3-digit extension number, but only if I have a wifi connection.  AA allows me to either press "1" to ring the phone (to speak to someone at home), or press "2" to place a free outgoing call via Google Voice.   I also have the option to use my voip.ms balance to directly dial the party I'm trying to reach, and spoof the Google Voice caller ID.

In addition, I have a DID (from Callcentric) that allows me to use my cellphone to dial into AA when I don't have a wifi connection, and do the same things.  

Why so complicated, you ask?  I use pay-as-you-go service on my cellphones, typically from the cheapest available MVNO, and two of those companies have gone belly-up on me, and taken my numbers with them, so I'm hesitant to publicize any more MVNO numbers to people I call.  I'd like them to see a number I actually might still have in the future.  Also, when I'm home, I'd prefer people weren't calling my cell number, but were calling a line that doesn't cost me anything.  I've set things up so that when someone calls my home number, my cell also rings, which I will answer when I'm not home.

Also, Speed Dials!  I like having one set of speed dials that I can access from home or mobile.  And the Obi202/212/200 gives you 100 speed dials.

Does any of this sound related to what you're trying to do?

SteveInWA

Quote from: A_Friend on September 02, 2018, 09:00:35 PM
First up:  You've posted the exact same message four times.  I'm sure this happened because the posting system gave you an error message so you thought it hadn't posted.  The message posting system is half broken, but it had.  Please go into your posted messages (you can find them under Profile/Show The Last Posts Of This Person) and delete the extra copies.   This will prevent any threads that might develop on your topic getting forked.
________

I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to set up or the purpose of it.

So, instead of answering your question, I'm going to share what I do that sounds sort of similar to what you're asking about, and see if that's the sort of thing you're interested in.

I don't have a PSTN line, but I have Google Voice set up on my Obi202, as well as voip.ms on SP2.  I've also set up AA with an inbound call route on SP2 based on incoming caller ID.  My goal with my smartphone is to use it to make calls with my Google Voice number as my outgoing caller ID.  I also don't have a data plan on my smartphone, so my options are a little more limited than if I did.

So, using a softphone on my smartphone, I'm able to place calls to AA by dialing a 3-digit extension number, but only if I have a wifi connection.  AA allows me to either press "1" to ring the phone (to speak to someone at home), or press "2" to place a free outgoing call via Google Voice.   I also have the option to use my voip.ms balance to directly dial the party I'm trying to reach, and spoof the Google Voice caller ID.

In addition, I have a DID (from Callcentric) that allows me to use my cellphone to dial into AA when I don't have a wifi connection, and do the same things.  

Why so complicated, you ask?  I use pay-as-you-go service on my cellphones, typically from the cheapest available MVNO, and two of those companies have gone belly-up on me, and taken my numbers with them, so I'm hesitant to publicize any more MVNO numbers to people I call.  I'd like them to see a number I actually might still have in the future.  Also, when I'm home, I'd prefer people weren't calling my cell number, but were calling a line that doesn't cost me anything.  I've set things up so that when someone calls my home number, my cell also rings, which I will answer when I'm not home.

Also, Speed Dials!  I like having one set of speed dials that I can access from home or mobile.  And the Obi202/212/200 gives you 100 speed dials.

Does any of this sound related to what you're trying to do?

You are such a f-ing pain in the ass.  You have such a poor understanding of VoIP telephony that you speculate, guess, and chit-chat about potential solutions you have dreamed up.  You are not helping anyone by posting bad advice.

You didn't even let the original poster respond to Robert's question.  This is unwanted mansplaining.

All the OP needs to do, is to a) assign another extension (e.g. 1777xxxxxxx102) to their Callcentric account, then b) use any SIP client on any device, as a Callcentric "softphone".  This is a standard, no-extra-charge feature of Callcentric.  Counterpath X-Lite or Zoiper are two good, free examples.  These calls can either use WiFi or mobile data connections.  It is drop-dead simple, and the OBiTALK device is completely unnecessary to make these calls directly.

Find a new hobby.

azrobert

Quote from: LucasT on September 02, 2018, 04:24:44 PM
Dear all,

My OBi212 has line connect to PSTN, SP1 to callcentric (phone with extension 100).
I want to call a number from my mobile connect to callcentric (phone with extension 101) through pstn without 2-stage dialing, can i do it with OBi212?

example:

I want to call a number 0912345678 form my smartphone via softphone connect to callcentric.
If I use 2-stage dialing, I will need to do the following steps:
* From my smartphone, call 100 (sp1)
* get thuru auto attendance, enter PIN, then enter 0912345678 manually
* the call will send to PSTN

Thanks.

I thought the OP wasn't clear with his question, but after re-reading the post I think I know what the OP wants. The OBi212 has a Line connection to PSTN and the OP wants to send calls from his mobile out Line to PSTN. The answer is still no. You are required to reply manually to each of the Auto Attendant's prompts.