News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP4/AuthUserName and password when proxying

Started by babo, September 03, 2018, 02:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babo

I followed an older guide for setting up a legacy SIP phone using the obi202 as a sip proxy. I'm using Anveo on SP1 and the local proxy on SP4 just like the guide says. I noticed one strange thing though when trying to setup the device.

For some reason, the Obi device relays my calls even with the wrong username and password.  The ITSP profile also doesn't seem to have any effect on restricting the connection despite being defined as X_ServProvProfile(D) and ITSP D>ProxyServer: IP Of Phone.

I don't even pretend to fully understand this stuff and I'd be happy to be shown a better way to do this.

I guess my question is, has anyone done a legacy sip setup like in this guide and the authentication works? Specifically, I'm talking about the SIP credentials section on SP4 not matching my sip phone's authentication parameters. I really don't want an unauthenticated sip proxy (even locally) so any help would be much appreciated.

My only guess here is that authentication only works if you enable registration? And then maybe you need to turn on only allow calls from registered devices? I kinda have to be hypothetical here, because my device won't register with the Obi successfully.

Thanks!

Guide:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160317011451/http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-VoIP-Device-Attach-Legacy-IP-Phone-Workbook-v1-0.pdf

Obi202 version:
SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

azrobert

Turning registration off in your SIP phone circumvents a bug. You should also uncheck X_Proxy in the SP4 Service on your OBi. Registration authentication is disabled, however you restrict calls by SIP phone UserID.

SP4 X_InboundCallRoute: {1001>(Msp1):sp1}

Outbound calls are restricted to UserID 1001.
All other UserIDs will be rejected.
You can make the UserID as complex as you want.

zapattack

"uncheck X_Proxy"
Do you mean leave as default checked, or both unchecked?