News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Wating

Started by max_n_me, February 12, 2011, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max_n_me

Is there any way to do a set up where while I'm in a call I will be notified of another incoming call on the same line? I have a Dect phone plugged into the phone port on OB. GV as SP1. Or maybe some other setup. I need to be able to answer my front door via a phone line.
Also I need a step by step on how to set up speed dials. I read about it somewhere but I'm not sure where in the configuration I should be entering information.
Thanks

OBi-Guru

Yes, call waiting is supported.  If you are on a call (with GV), and then there is a ring on the Line side (assuming this is from your front door), you press "flash" on your phone, and you will talk to the line (front door).

Speed-dials can be configured from the OBiTALK portal, left side under OBi dashboard.

QBZappy

I believe if you press flash a second time both parties are connected on a conference call.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

max_n_me

Sorry for the confusion. The call from the front door is coming in on the Phone side via GV not the Line side.

max_n_me

The call waiting is still not working. When I'm on the phone via GV and another call comes in through GV it goes to voice mail. I know I need to change a setting could someone please help me to get this working??

MichiganTelephone

Google Voice is a special case — I think the only way you might be able to make Call Waiting work with Google Voice is to have both SP1 and SP2 going to the SAME Google Voice account (in saying that I'm partly relying on something NerdUno said in another thread).  And even then I'm not 100% sure it would work.

The setting for Call Waiting is under Physical Interfaces, PHONE Port, Calling Features and is called CallWaitingEnable, and it's on by default, so unless you turned it off that's probably not the issue.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

lindend

Hi MichiganTelephone,

I can't get call waiting to work on the Google Voice line.  I've even configured SP2 w/the same GV credentials.  I checked the settings and GV is enabled and I'm on the 1.1 firmware.  Your article implied that a single GV account should be sufficient to get this to work as it now supports two sessions, but I've had no luck.  Does anyone have CW working through GV?

Can't get 3-way calling to work either so clearly I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what.

QBZappy

lindend,

What version OBi firmware are you running? Update to the latest one and try again.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

lindend

Thanks QBZappy.  I upgraded firmware and CW is working!  ;D I was on the 1890 firmware and didn't realize that there was a release after that.