News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Programming star code 72 on Obi202 provisioned with 2 Google Voice accounts.

Started by ljneureu, September 04, 2018, 06:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljneureu

I have two separate Google Voice numbers on SP1 and SP2;  SP1 is the primary line for phone 1 and SP2  is the primary line for phone 2.  When I dial *72 on phone 1 and enter the number XXXXXXXXXX to activate unconditional call forwarding the value:  SP1(+1XXXXXXXXXX)  is entered in the Parameter Name:  CallForwardUnconditionalNumber.  However, this does not result in any forwarding and the call goes to Google voice mail.  If I log into the Obi202 and change the Parameter to  SP2(+XXXXXXXXXX)  then the call is forwarded.  How would one program the *72 star code to use SP2 instead of SP1?

SteveInWA

Why do you want to do that?  What are you really trying to accomplish?  There is likely a better solution, if you explain your goal.

ljneureu

I was asking how to program the star 72 code so that when I dial *72 from the phone the call has a trunk line (SP2) to forward the call.  Dialing *72 sends the forwarded call to itself (SP1) which forces the call to google voice mail.

SteveInWA

Hunh?  That makes no sense at all.  Again, why?

IF your goal is to have all inbound calls to a Google Voice number go immediately to another number, then add that other number as a linked/forwarding number on that Google Voice configuration. 

IF your goal is to send all calls to Google Voice's voicemail without ringing any other phone number, then turn on Do not disturb in Google Voice settings.

You cannot use *72.

azrobert

A_Friend

Quote from: ljneureu on September 04, 2018, 08:53:13 PM
I was asking how to program the star 72 code so that when I dial *72 from the phone the call has a trunk line (SP2) to forward the call.  Dialing *72 sends the forwarded call to itself (SP1) which forces the call to google voice mail.

Try this:  *72**218885551212.  It will actually set the SP2(....) format in that field for you, dial plan permitting.