News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to make a new call using speed dial from AA

Started by gweng, September 07, 2011, 07:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gweng

I have the speed dial (say 2) set in the obi100 and to dial using it directly from the box, I can simply enter 2# to make the call.
I want to know how to use this speed dial set when AA answer the phone and allow me to make a new call by enter the number follow # sign. In this case, I can not enter two # sign to make a new call.

Thanks for help!

RonR

Speed Dials should work from the Auto Atttendant the same way they work dialing the number in real time.

What occurs when you dial a working Speed Dial from the Auto Attendant?

gweng

Quote from: RonR on September 07, 2011, 07:18:43 PM
Speed Dials should work from the Auto Atttendant the same way they work dialing the number in real time.

What occurs when you dial a working Speed Dial from the Auto Attendant?

When I enter 2# once AA prompt me to enter a number to dial, it actually dial the number 2 not the number set in the speed dial 2, thus make the call as wrong number

RonR

The Auto Attendendant promtps you to press:

1. to continue the call (ring the phone port)

2. to make a new call

3. to enter a callback number

You don't press # following this selection.

Once you press 2, you will be prompted to enter the number to dial followed by a #.  You should be able to enter a Speed Dial (2 in your example) at that point, followed by a #.

Is that the method you are using?

gweng

Quote from: RonR on September 07, 2011, 07:37:36 PM
The Auto Attendendant promtps you to press:

1. to continue the call (ring the phone port)

2. to make a new call

3. to enter a callback number

You don't press # following this selection.

Once you press 2, you will be prompted to enter the number to dial followed by a #.  You should be able to enter a Speed Dial (2 in your example) at that point, followed by a #.

Is that the method you are using?

Yes, this is the way I was using to dial. When I enter the speed dial 2 followed by #, it says "the number you dialed is invalid. I'll try it again if this is the only way to use.

RonR

The behavior of Speed Dials through the Auto Attendant ought to be identical to normal dialing.

When you log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1, are the following settings at Default?:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> DigitMap

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> OutboundCallRoute

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute

What is the format of the number stored in Speed Dial 2?:

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2

gweng

Quote from: RonR on September 07, 2011, 07:57:52 PM
The behavior of Speed Dials through the Auto Attendant ought to be identical to normal dialing.

When you log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1, are the following settings at Default?:

What is the format of the number stored in Speed Dial 2?:

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2

The number stored in Speed Dial 2 is **9 following the Obi number. I tried to call the GV number of this box and then make a new call using OBI network.

RonR

Quote from: gweng on September 08, 2011, 08:31:04 AM
The number stored in Speed Dial 2 is **9 following the Obi number. I tried to call the GV number of this box and then make a new call using OBI network.

Using an example OBi number of 200123456, it should be **9200123456 not 200123456**9.

gweng

Quote from: RonR on September 08, 2011, 09:41:16 AM
Quote from: gweng on September 08, 2011, 08:31:04 AM

Using an example OBi number of 200123456, it should be **9200123456 not 200123456**9.

Yes, this is the format I used. Here is mine: **9200765106.
Now I have just updated firmware to 1.3.0 (Build: 2532) and tried it again,
This time is not getting "invalid" but auto disconnected after saying "please wait while your call being connected". Actually it is not the speed dial problem now. I enter the full number "**9200765106#" and still got discounted. Before it worked that way.
I also checked all following settings using Obitalk settings, I think they are all default since I have not changed anything:

RonR

gweng,

You should be able to make reliable calls to **9 222 222 222 with the OBi at factory defaults and not configured in any way.  If you're unable to accomplish this, I would suggest you temporarily connect the OBi to your broadband modem and see if it if then works properly (power-cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the connection).  If it does, then your router is likely the source of your problem.  If you still get cut off with no router in the loop, it's beginning to sound like the OBi is suspect and you need to contact Obihai support for assistance.

gweng

Quote from: RonR on September 08, 2011, 08:55:56 PM
gweng,

You should be able to make reliable calls to **9 222 222 222 with the OBi at factory defaults and not configured in any way.  If you're unable to accomplish this, I would suggest you temporarily connect the OBi to your broadband modem and see if it if then works properly (power-cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the connection).  If it does, then your router is likely the source of your problem.  If you still get cut off with no router in the loop, it's beginning to sound like the OBi is suspect and you need to contact Obihai support for assistance.

I have another obi100 have not upgraded fireware and it works fine now. Is there any way to revert fireware back to the previous version?

QBZappy

gweng,

Refer to this thread:

OBi100/110 Device Firmware (Previous Supported Release)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=873.0

you wish to down-grade from the most current supported release, please see the following instructions.

WARNING: If you have updated your OBi with release 1.3 or above you will not be able to downgrade your OBi using the below procedure.  Please contact support@obihai.com if you have any questions.

Download the firmware from the link below and follow instructions to manually update the OBi using a PC's browser opened to the OBi device management web page.

http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi-1-2-1-2289.fw  (2MB)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.