News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1062 and initiating call from google voice.

Started by SirMax, September 08, 2018, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirMax

Hello,
I just got 1062. I have installed the latest firmware and set it up with Google voice account. It works fine making both outbound and receiving phone calls.

One thing I cannot figure out is how to initiate phone calls directly from google voice portal ( with 1062 of course).

On the new GV interface 1062 does not appear in the list of available phone numbers.

On the legacy interface 1062 appears as Obitalk device with the number:
sip:BI...some long line of letters..TQ===@obihai.sip.google.com

However, after I click on the Call button in GV web legacy interface and select this Obihai device and click Connect button, I get "We had an error." error message.

I have tried:
Completely reset 1062 and reconfigure it through obihai portal.
Played with router setting including disabling ALG
Connecting 1062 though lan cable

My firmware is 5.1.11

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SteveInWA

You can't do that with Google Voice and an OBiTALK device.  Make the call from the phone itself.

There is a workaround using a free inbound phone number from Callcentric, if you find it too much trouble to put your fingers on the telephone keypad, but it is no longer supported in the new Google Voice web UI.

SirMax

Cool. Thank you for the quick reply.
At least I have stopped banging against this closed door.

Anyway, I worked around the problem by using our Anveo number. Installed it as a second line and suggested to my boss that she would pick Anveo to connect when calling from GV web portal. Works fine.