News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing call rings but I hear white noise when answered -one phone number only

Started by bluemusestudio, September 08, 2018, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glolo

I recently purchased a 200 for use on GV for my mother.   My Cell phone service is Xfinity.  There is intermittent white noise on the obi line when my cell answers calls.  I have called other cells and landlines that I know are on other providers and have not experienced white noise.  I called one other Xfinity line and got the white noise on first call.

ragtime

Quote from: bluemusestudio on December 10, 2018, 04:42:14 PM

The new info I'd like to add is that when I place the call to my father by using my Obi-attached phone to dial my own GV number and then press 2 to place the call through GV, I am able to avoid the problem, i.e. my call goes through without any problem.

FYI: This workaround has stopped working for me as of this morning.

ragtime

This problem has become intolerable.  I'm thinking about signing up for Anevo phone service on my OBi200.  But I'm concerned that I'll just have the same issue with Anevo that I do with Google Voice.

I'm thinking that I'll:

(1)get a new number with Anevo on the OBi.
(2)remove Google Voice from my OBi.
(3)forward my Google Voice to the new Anveo Number.

Will this be likely to fix this problem?

bbarker

I'm having the same problem and the common thing is that the one number this happens on is a person that has Xfinity Voice service.

208ObiUser

I've been having this issue for years, at least once every few days. I finally did some research, and was able to fix it using the solution posted by 'casolaro' on this page. I have not had the problem in the last month since I made the changes..
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15497.0

Login to your VOIP adapter using it's IP address in your browser (pick up your phone, dial ***, then 1 to get the IP).
Login with your password.
Goto 'Physical Interfaces --> PHONE1 Port.
Put a checkbox in "PrimaryLine" in the Default column. Save and reboot.

drgeoff

Quote from: 208ObiUser on August 27, 2020, 07:07:04 AM
I've been having this issue for years, at least once every few days. I finally did some research, and was able to fix it using the solution posted by 'casolaro' on this page. I have not had the problem in the last month since I made the changes..
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15497.0

Login to your VOIP adapter using it's IP address in your browser (pick up your phone, dial ***, then 1 to get the IP).
Login with your password.
Goto 'Physical Interfaces --> PHONE1 Port.
Put a checkbox in "PrimaryLine" in the Default column. Save and reboot.
I don't understand why that would fix the problem.  Note that I'm not saying it doesn't for you and perhaps others who configure their OBi by logging in locally.

But I do contend that following your instructions will not be an enduring fix for those who configure their OBi using their dashboard at obitalk.com

nimbus22

I had this problem.  After much reading and searching on google, I came across a user who said to put the obi device in DMZ. 

I tried that and a couple of phone numbers that gave me the white noise problem no longer has the problem.  I don't make a lot of phone calls so it is too early to tell if the DMZ fixed the problem entirely.

arko12

will9000

Wow, this was posted 3 years ago and still an issue.

I bought my obitalk (polycom branded) OBi200 late last year. On outgoing calls, normally the first of the day i get static once someone answers. There are no fax machines involved on either end. If i try calling back a second time the call usually goes through with out a problem.

I tried the setting change noted by 208ObiUser, fingers crossed this fixes it. It's embarrassing to have to constantly call people back.