August 20, 2019, 08:15:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Outgoing call rings but I hear white noise when answered -one phone number only  (Read 10372 times)
Glolo

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 03:16:27 pm »

I recently purchased a 200 for use on GV for my mother.   My Cell phone service is Xfinity.  There is intermittent white noise on the obi line when my cell answers calls.  I have called other cells and landlines that I know are on other providers and have not experienced white noise.  I called one other Xfinity line and got the white noise on first call.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 03:26:35 pm by Glolo » Logged
ragtime

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 06:15:28 am »

The new info I'd like to add is that when I place the call to my father by using my Obi-attached phone to dial my own GV number and then press 2 to place the call through GV, I am able to avoid the problem, i.e. my call goes through without any problem.

FYI: This workaround has stopped working for me as of this morning.
ragtime

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 01:49:05 pm »

This problem has become intolerable.  I'm thinking about signing up for Anevo phone service on my OBi200.  But I'm concerned that I'll just have the same issue with Anevo that I do with Google Voice.

I'm thinking that I'll:

(1)get a new number with Anevo on the OBi.
(2)remove Google Voice from my OBi.
(3)forward my Google Voice to the new Anveo Number.

Will this be likely to fix this problem?
bbarker

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 12:46:04 pm »

I'm having the same problem and the common thing is that the one number this happens on is a person that has Xfinity Voice service.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: