News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialplan Timings (I think) Questions

Started by ppan, September 09, 2018, 06:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppan

I recently switched to OBi202 from a Linksys adapter (and Simons Gateway).
There are two issues after the switch:

1. After I dial a number, I now have to wait 7-8 sec before it connects. How can I shorten the wait time? I also tried to hit the # key after dialing, but it didn't connect faster.

2. I dial a number, e.g 123-456-7890 and then respond to some voice prompt by pressing some number(s), e.g "5". If I hang up and try to redial the number, I get a message  "This is not a valid number". I assume because redial now dials 123-456-7890-5.
For some reason, I didn't have this issue with my Linksys setup. Hitting redial only dialed 123-456-7890.  How can achieve this with the OBi202?

EDIT: I think that the Linksys dialplan always ignored numbers longer than 10 digits and dialed as soon as the 10th digit was completed. This explains both issues 1 and and 2.
How can I achive this with the Obi202 - dialing as soon as 10 digits have been entered?

A_Friend

You don't mention which carrier you're using.  Is it Google Voice or something else?

The default dial plan doesn't contain any explicit delays.  Have you customized yours?

The Obi does have a delay (I believe 4 seconds) to make sure you're done keying before it interprets it.  The # key normally tells it you're done dialing and the call should initiate without delay.  If it's not, I would suspect your ITSP is taking extra time for its routing.  Or your # key is broken.

ppan

Yes. Google voice (which is what Simons Gateway used to support). I have not made any customizations.

RE Q1. The delay is about 6-7 sec after dialing last digit (measured with stop watch). I can reduce it to 4-5 sec by pressing #. Tried 2 different phones.

I didn't have this delay issue when I was using Linksys/Simons/GV so I don't believe it has anything to do with my ISP (I don't use any ITSP except for Google Voice).

azrobert

There are built-in delays. Each digit is analyzed when received. The OBi doesn't know if more digits will be dialed, so it waits. The wait times depend on the digit maps and the status of the dialed number.

If the dialed numbers match a digit map rule and can potentially match another rule with more digits dialed = 2 second wait

If the dialed numbers only match a rule ending with x. = 10 second delay

If the dialed numbers match a digit map rule and can't match another rule with more digits dialed = zero second wait

Default ITSP A DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

11 digits = 2 second delay
10 digits = 2 second delay
International = 10 second delay
All others 10 second delay

You are correct about the extra digit dialed for an IVR.  If you dial another digit for the IVR, the redial will include it and the number will fail.

Change Service Providers -> ITSP A General -> DigitMap to:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xxS3)

11 digits = zero delay
10 digits = zero delay
International = 3 second delay
All others will fail

When you redial an IVR number, the OBi will not wait for the 11th digit because the 1st 10 digits matched the 2nd digit map rule and additional digits will not match another rule. The call will succeed.

911 and speed dial numbers are validated by the Phone Port digit map.
Use OBi Expert to make above change.

When you dial a # after the number, there will be zero delay. There will always be network and provider delay, but 4-5 seconds is not normal. Having SIP-ALG enabled in your router can cause strange behavior. If enabled, disable it.

ppan

Thanks for the responses!
I misspoke previously, as I had made changes to my dialplans (different changes on ITSP Profiles A and C). I need to figure out how to incorporate azrobert's suggestion with my existing changes.