News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 can call out, but can't receive incoming calls

Started by buhuo, September 07, 2011, 11:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buhuo

I have registered Freephoneline, and setup it to SP1. Now Obi110 can call out, but can't receive incoming calls. I have other ATA config file, but there is no Obi110 config file.

http://forum.freephoneline.ca/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=310

This is for the PAP2T-NA, but I can't setup OBi110 according to this file because I am a new comer.

buhuo

I figured out that Freephoneline uses G729a. How can I setup this?

RonR

What is the problem receiving calls?  Does the phone not ring?  Do you have one-way audio or no audio either direction?

If you can successfully make calls with Freephoneline, the codec is not likely the problem.

buhuo

I'm in Canada. I set SP1 for Freephoneline, SP2 for another service provider. Primeryline is SP2 and SP2 is OK. SP1 can call out,but there is no ring when calling this number.

onecanobi

have same problem here.
gv on sp1 works fine
fpl on sp2 will work outgoing, but not incoming calls.

even tried using stun server, no resolution.

RonR

Quote from: onecanobi on October 31, 2011, 05:19:23 PM
fpl on sp2 will work outgoing, but not incoming calls.

It shouldn't be required, but you might try forwarding port 5061 in your router to the OBi's LAN IP address.

onecanobi

but should forwarding really be necessary? I've read that people have multiple obi devices all connecting to different SIP servers using the same ports, without issues.

And it appears other ATA phone using default config works fine without port forwards.. ( for example, a cisco 7940 phone using the same account ) so is it something specific to OBI+freephoneline that's not working right? and yes i've tried it with the cisco phone power off/disconnected.

RonR

Quote from: onecanobi on October 31, 2011, 09:03:29 PM
but should forwarding really be necessary?

In a perfect world, no.  But if you you're looking for a possible solution, it's worth a try.

superdad

I'm wondering if there was finally a solution to this problem because I am experiencing it right now.
I have had my Obi202 for just a few days now. I tried freephoneline on SP2 and GV on SP1 but neither one received incoming calls.
I have now deleted the freephoneline from SP2 and only have GV on SP1. I can call out but when I am receiving a call, it goes straight to my GV voicemail and the phone does not ring.
I realize that this is the most-asked question on this forum but I have struggling with it for the past few days and I am realy frustrated. I have read all the posts and troubleshooting advices. I am using no Apps, Google Chat is selected, call screening is off, gmail is logged out, .....
Could the Obi be defective?

superdad

I have some good news. I just added freephoneline back on SP2  and it works fine, outgoing and incoming. But, GV still isn't working, even after deleting and adding back on SP1:( Any ideas, please?

QBZappy

superdad,

May not solve your issue, however make sure you use different profiles (A/B) for each SP acct.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.