News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

my obi200 has not phone line or tone

Started by joeatcha, September 11, 2018, 06:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeatcha

I have obi200, I accidently unplugged the power cable and then when I put it back in, I am not getting light for the phone. I get power and network light green but no light for phone, when I pick up the phone, I don't hear any tone.
I did factory reset many time with pin and removing and plugging the power cable at once. I notice that factory reset is not rebooting the device after its done. when I put in pin and plug, I see red light for around 10 seconds on power, then it flashes green slowly 6 six times then turn solid green, after 10 seconds network light turn green.

I check rogers modem portal and I don't see obi connection. I checked my SIP setting and its disabled.
only time I would see connection on the portal is when power light flashes red, this happens sometime.

can someone help me? what am I missing? I even deleted all my setting on obitalk portal thinking its a must for factory reset. still no luck

A_Friend

You're absolutely sure it's not getting an IP address from your router?  And, it's wired to the router, not using ObiWiFi? 

Off hand, it sounds kind of broken.  Is it still under warranty?

Dumb question:  If you're like some of us, you might have a few old random power supplies plugged in.  Are you sure you plugged it back in to the right power supply?

joeatcha

thanks for your reply A-friend. Yes I am sure its not getting IP from router as I don't see any connection on my router portal.
I have plugged in Ethernet cable to router and made sure they are hooked properly. I do get green light for internet, just not getting phone light green.
I have plugged the correct cable as I am getting power light.
I don't have any warranty on it:(

drgeoff

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/power-light-meanings

If the Power LED is solid green the OBi thinks it has got an IP address from the router.

So one of the OBI, the router or the OP is not telling the truth.

Aside from that, an OBi does not require a working network connection to give dial tone.  Even with the ethernet jack empty it should give dial tone to an off-hook phone.

Does the OBi's PHONE LED flash when the phone is taken off hook?

The 3 reasons for no dial tone are:

1.  Faulty phone cord
2.  Faulty phone
3.  Faulty OBi.

Test 1 and 2 by substitution or by trying them on a known working POTS line.

After a reset you won't get a solid green PHONE LED until the OBi is reconfigured to register/connect with an ITSP.

joeatcha

OK I was able to get the IP once, I went to admin portal with IP, it asked me to upgrade the firmware and I downloaded the firmware from obitalk site and successfully upgraded the firmware. I am now getting dialtone but I am not able to add the device, obitalk asks me to enter code, after I dial the number it says your code has been sent to server, it then times out. not sure why this Is not registering. any hint?

drgeoff

Dial **9 222 222 222.  Do you reach "Welcome to Obitalk ..."?

joeatcha

A_Friend

Quote from: joeatcha on September 11, 2018, 10:28:58 AM
yes and I can hear my echo as well.

The good news is, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the hardware. And you should be able to attach to the portal.

You just have to reinstall voice services.  Follow the instructions carefully.