News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 200 connected to Google WiFi is not recognized as new device.

Started by cavvecchio, September 12, 2018, 08:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavvecchio

I have just switched from a standard Netgear router to Google WiFi.  This prompted a blinking green light.  So I followed the instructions for connecting to a network and succeeded in getting a solid green light.  Google WiFi show the obi 200 as a connected device.  However it is not shown on the obi dashboard.  I tried reinstalling it as a new device several times, but the connection process always times out.  The phone returns a "no service configured error" message.  Is this a known problem?

BigJim_McD

cavvecchio, 

Although I don't have an answer for your issue, The following is an FYI.

I have Google WiFi networks in two different locations, one on Comcast, the other on Cox.  I have an OBi202 at each location and a OBi200 at one site, all working without any issues.  One of the locations was changed from a Netgear Nighthawk to Google WiFi. 

I didn't have to make any changes on the OBi's to get the OBi devices to work on Google WiFi.  The OBi devices are configured to use default DHCP addressing. 

On Google WiFi, I use DHCP IP reservations to get the OBi's to use the IP address that I prefer.
BigJimMcD