News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't setup new Obi200 "Failed to add device"

Started by nadjnrocky, September 13, 2018, 07:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

According to Polycom, they are continuing to investigate this problem; it is intermittent, and so meanwhile, their recommendation is to keep trying, and it should eventually work.

amart79196

I only wish it was intermittent!  This is constant and no matter what does not work! 

danlewis

Same here.  Did a reset of my obi202 as recommended to try to fix Google Voice not working properly.  Now I am in complete limbo, unable to re-provision the device.   :(

daniel4110

I am having the same issue on my new OBI200. Echo test is successful but timing out while trying to add device on the portal. Sent a support request 24 hours ago. No reply or action. Feels like a total waste of time. I will give it a day before I return to Amazon.

OBiSupport

Dear OBiTALK Members,

OBiTALK is currently experiencing a slight performance degradation affecting the following functions:
- Add Device: Users Cannot Add New Devices
- OBiTALK Service Status: Status Displayed on OBiTALK Does Not Represent Actual Running Status of Device

The root cause is known and the work required to resolve is underway.

If you are experiencing any issues with functionality described above please do the following:
1.  Contact the Polycom OBiTALK support team via the on-line ticket system: CLICK HERE and submit the information required. Our support staff will work to help you resolve the issue you have and communicate accordingly.

2.  Continue to use the OBiTALK portal for the desired function knowing it may take several attempts to complete the task.

We expect the issues to be resolved soon.

Thank you for your patience, your support and for being a customer.

Warm Regards,
Obihai Team @ Polycom

HMEETIS

Quote from: OBiSupport on October 04, 2018, 01:09:04 PM
Dear OBiTALK Members,

OBiTALK is currently experiencing a slight performance degradation affecting the following functions:
- Add Device: Users Cannot Add New Devices
- OBiTALK Service Status: Status Displayed on OBiTALK Does Not Represent Actual Running Status of Device

The root cause is known and the work required to resolve is underway.

If you are experiencing any issues with functionality described above please do the following:
1.  Contact the Polycom OBiTALK support team via the on-line ticket system: CLICK HERE and submit the information required. Our support staff will work to help you resolve the issue you have and communicate accordingly.

2.  Continue to use the OBiTALK portal for the desired function knowing it may take several attempts to complete the task.

We expect the issues to be resolved soon.

Thank you for your patience, your support and for being a customer.

Warm Regards,
Obihai Team @ Polycom

Thank you very much for an official update from Obi.

thatsmanjear

I'd like to hear more specifics from Polycom on how "intermittent" and "slight" this problem is, because I followed their instructions to keep trying and it's clear it isn't working at all.  I've been trying to add obi200 for last 24 hours, probably tried 25 times and each time (during the 120 second timeout window) keep trying the same **5xxxx code as many times as possible.  Has anybody successfully added a device recently since this known problem was announced?  Emailed support@obihai.com per the instructions in the box and haven't received any acknowledgement.  Did the web form submit a few minutes ago, maybe somebody monitors that.  Not feeling great about my purchase right now.

Taoman

Quote from: thatsmanjear on October 04, 2018, 03:04:22 PM
Has anybody successfully added a device recently since this known problem was announced? 

Yes. I very recently added an OBi202 to the OBi web portal. It took me 3 days of intermittent trying until it finally worked.

SteveInWA

Quote from: thatsmanjear on October 04, 2018, 03:04:22 PM
I'd like to hear more specifics from Polycom on how "intermittent" and "slight" this problem is, because I followed their instructions to keep trying and it's clear it isn't working at all.  I've been trying to add obi200 for last 24 hours, probably tried 25 times and each time (during the 120 second timeout window) keep trying the same **5xxxx code as many times as possible.  Has anybody successfully added a device recently since this known problem was announced?  Emailed support@obihai.com per the instructions in the box and haven't received any acknowledgement.  Did the web form submit a few minutes ago, maybe somebody monitors that.  Not feeling great about my purchase right now.

Just be patient.  As was already posted, they are well aware of the problem, and they're working on the fix.  They know darn well that, if a customer can't use their products, they won't sell.

SteveInWA

Quote from: HMEETIS on October 03, 2018, 06:09:27 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on September 13, 2018, 02:00:33 PM
This should be fixed now -- please try again.

I hope you can help me as well. I cant seem to add the obi200 i just bought. It seems like its brand new. It passes the echo test but i cant add it dialing **5----

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14947.msg95043#msg95043

ggwinston31

I'm having this exact problem. I even bought ANOTHER brand new Obi200 to make sure.

Now, I was able to finally add the new Obi200 device, but my SP1 Google Voice account just sits spinning the status icon as 'Configuring' forever.

WTF?!

Taoman

Quote from: ggwinston31 on October 04, 2018, 04:41:10 PM
.....but my SP1 Google Voice account just sits spinning the status icon as 'Configuring' forever.

Irrelevant. All that matters is what it says on the main OBi dashboard page. Under Status, does it say "Connected" for your Google Voice configuration?

cheaptalk1

I am having the same issue and the instructions to change the dns  are not written properly so I can get anywhere with all the troubleshooting help. Need to talk to a person! anyone have any luck yet ????

SteveInWA

Quote from: cheaptalk1 on October 04, 2018, 05:52:59 PM
I am having the same issue and the instructions to change the dns  are not written properly so I can get anywhere with all the troubleshooting help. Need to talk to a person! anyone have any luck yet ????

Same problem, same answer as above.  You do not need to talk to anyone; you just have to wait for Polycom to fix it.

What DNS instructions?  This is not a DNS problem, but it's a good idea to change your default DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google's high-performance DNS).  Do this on your own router, and everything that connects to your router will use those DNSs.  If you are somehow paranoid about using Google's DNS, then you can use 9.9.9.9 (for both primary and secondary DNS).  This is the "Quad9" high-security DNS run by a consortium including IBM and some other Internet security companies.

AlmightyHeretic

For what it's worth I submitted a ticket and 9 hours later they added my new Obi202 to my account. The initial response I got was the same one they copy/paste about how they know of the issue, they're working on it, and to keep my device connected.

hvb120wego

Could they just handle adding new devices manually while working on resolving this problem?  It doesn't look like there are a lot of us.

HMEETIS

Quote from: hvb120wego on October 05, 2018, 06:58:53 AM
Could they just handle adding new devices manually while working on resolving this problem?  It doesn't look like there are a lot of us.
FWIW that is pretty much how my issue has been resolved. Not sure why so many people are deleting their device from their account to change settings, for now that seems to just be compounding the problem. My suggestion, if you can't wait possible days for this to be completely corrected to submit a ticket via the support portal and be sure to put in the obi number. They called me back last night and added it into the system on their end. Now my obi is up and running just great.