News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't setup new Obi200 "Failed to add device"

Started by nadjnrocky, September 13, 2018, 07:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nadjnrocky

My Obi100 finally crapped out, so I went ahead and got the 200. Now I'm trying to configure this device with my phone and GV account but I'm running into an issue. I removed the old device from my account. The new obi200 passes the 222-222-222 test, then when I go to add device, it says I have 120 seconds to enter the code, but everytime, after about 5 seconds it times out with this error message:
"Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!"

Already did software update, reboot, and hard factory reset. No luck with any of those.
...Any insight?
Thanks

SteveInWA

Hi:  something fishy is going on; you're the second person to report this symptom, which should not be happening.

I'm going to discuss this with my contacts at Polycom to get it addressed.  Please stand by.

SteveInWA

Manchi

Today I'm also trying to do this changeover and having the same problem as reported.
@Steven any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taoman

Pretty sure the OBiTALK servers are having issues again.

I've been trying to add an OBi202 and an OBi110 to the OBiTALK web portal without success. The echo test works fine but when trying to add the device it either just sits there and eventually times out or acts like it worked but after clicking on the "Confirm" button I just get another error message saying:

"Failed to add this device. Your session may have timed out. Please try again."

ymmaz

Contact support and they'll correct the issue on their end. It must be server related but they did not elaborate on what they did. I had the exact same experience as above when trying to re-add my OBI202 to my new router.

lonewolf

I am having the same issue.

Having Obi110, and just bought obi200.  Dialing **9222222222 works fine.
Adding device by dialing **5 xxxx with failed to add error.

PilotKnob

Same here with the 202. It was working, then it quit. Can't call the echo test number(error message) and can't add the device. Tech support has had me try a number of things. Nothing. This thing is either dead in the water or something's awry at Obihai.

drgeoff

Quote from: PilotKnob on September 22, 2018, 07:36:49 AM
Same here with the 202. It was working, then it quit. Can't call the echo test number(error message) and can't add the device. Tech support has had me try a number of things. Nothing. This thing is either dead in the water or something's awry at Obihai.

Is the Power LED solid green?

schizrade

Same issue, echo is good, activation call says server has been notified, but the dashboard wont add the device.

Suddenly started working.

PilotKnob

Quote from: drgeoff on September 22, 2018, 10:24:36 AM
Quote from: PilotKnob on September 22, 2018, 07:36:49 AM

Is the Power LED solid green?

Yep. Solid green. Shows data activity on the link light. I can ping it.

Joe_TV-forum

I've been having the same problems for the past week.  Probably tried a few dozen times, mostly in the evenings.

Ive tried firmware update, DNSServer1 override, Factory reset, routers firewall off, Chrome and Firefox.  Nothing I do seems to work.  I guess ill try to figure out how to contact Polycom before I return the Obihai 200 to NewEgg.

SteveInWA

Polycom is aware of this issue, and says that it should be fixed by tomorrow.

rosh

I've been having all kinds of issues for the past 3 days, so I decided to remove GV from SP1 on my Obi200 and then delete device from my account, and then re-add it.  I can do the echo test, but I can't get my device re-added.  Any suggestions?

weexpats

Same thing happening to me. Solid green light, updated firmware, etc. Cannot add device.

ITBS

I am also having the 'Failed to add device' issue with multiple devices.  Updated FW and still an issue.  Any more word from Polycom?

billjon

I'm receiving "no service configured error" after attempting to add my device by calling **5 xxxx.  Cox Cable here in New Orleans, LA provides a Cisco DPQ3212 telephone and internet modem which I believe is part of the problem. 

Since I will cancel my telephone and television services with Cox Cable soon, my Arris surfboard SB6183 cable modem and my Tenda AC15 router will provide internet access for my OBi200.  Hopefully Polycom fixes the problem in the next couple of days.

SteveInWA

I just now sent them a query about this issue.  If/when I hear something, I'll post it here.

BrendaK

I'm a new user having the same problem. Has there been any update? I cannot add my device.

HMEETIS

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 13, 2018, 02:00:33 PM
This should be fixed now -- please try again.

I hope you can help me as well. I cant seem to add the obi200 i just bought. It seems like its brand new. It passes the echo test but i cant add it dialing **5----