News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I've got two OBi200 1-Port VoIP Phone Adapters today they're both down

Started by story97, September 14, 2018, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

story97

I've got two OBi200 1-Port VoIP Phone Adapters

for over 2 years they've worked fine. I get up this morning and neither of them are getting an IP now. they aren't showing on the network and they show 'offline' here.

Nothing has changed on my internal network. is there something specific i should be looking for? Seems a little odd both units have the same problem when they've both worked fine for years.

drgeoff

Getting an IP address is purely between the OBi200 and your router.  Even if the rest of the world was in meltdown, power and a working router is all the OBi200 would need to get an IP address.

It is extremely unlikely that both your 200s would fail on the same day.  So, despite your assertions that nothing has changed on your local network, something very probably has.

dboling

-Diane

A_Friend

Quote from: story97 on September 14, 2018, 10:35:36 AM
I've got two OBi200 1-Port VoIP Phone Adapters

for over 2 years they've worked fine. I get up this morning and neither of them are getting an IP now. they aren't showing on the network and they show 'offline' here.

Nothing has changed on my internal network. is there something specific i should be looking for? Seems a little odd both units have the same problem when they've both worked fine for years.

This might not help, but it theoretically shouldn't hurt:  Reboot your router and then the Obi200's.