News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Delete Softphone

Started by dwh367, September 14, 2018, 09:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwh367

Is there a way to delete the damn softphone that I have never used once since I bought my Obi100 eons ago?  We came home from running errands to the sound of our phone base ringing.  We looked to see why our handsets weren't ringing and they were all dead. Once we put them on the charger they were showing 50 missed calls.  We can't answer from our phone base and since our handsets didn't have enough charge to use them yet we had to listen to them call 20 more times.  That was the last straw.  I pulled the plug on the Obi and if you can't delete my softphone I'll never plug the SOB back in again!  We have a two month old baby that we don't want woke up by this nonsense.  When someone calls you so much that it runs your cordless phones down there's a major problem that needs to be remedied.

azrobert

These are probably SIP Scanner calls. You can block these calls in your OBi100 by using non-standard port numbers. Use OBi Expert to make the below change. The following is an example. You can use any port number, just don't use standard ports 506x thru 508x.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_UserAgentPort: 8740
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_UserAgentPort: 8741

dwh367

Quote from: azrobert on September 14, 2018, 11:48:29 PM
These are probably SIP Scanner calls. You can block these calls in your OBi100 by using non-standard port numbers. Use OBi Expert to make the below change. The following is an example. You can use any port number, just don't use standard ports 506x thru 508x.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_UserAgentPort: 8740
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_UserAgentPort: 8741

Thank you.  Your answer was much more helpful than the previous poster's.  I'll give that a try. 

azrobert

drgeoff

Quote from: dwh367 on September 14, 2018, 09:50:39 PM
Is there a way to delete the damn softphone that I have never used once since I bought my Obi100 eons ago?  We came home from running errands to the sound of our phone base ringing.  We looked to see why our handsets weren't ringing and they were all dead. Once we put them on the charger they were showing 50 missed calls.  We can't answer from our phone base and since our handsets didn't have enough charge to use them yet we had to listen to them call 20 more times.  That was the last straw.  I pulled the plug on the Obi and if you can't delete my softphone I'll never plug the SOB back in again!  We have a two month old baby that we don't want woke up by this nonsense.  When someone calls you so much that it runs your cordless phones down there's a major problem that needs to be remedied.
The softphone is totally unrelated to the unwanted calls.

Cordless phones (not cellphones) are intended to be left on a charger except when in use on a call.

bitstopjoe

Cordless phones (not cellphones) are intended to be left on a charger except when in use on a call.
[/quote]

Not always true. If your cordless phone uses a NiCad battery, leaving it on the charger all the time will cause the battery to develop a memory. This will cause your phone to run out of juice as the battery thinks it needs to be charged. However if your phone uses NiMh or Lithium-ion batteries, you can leave it on the charger.

Joe Sica