News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Delete Softphone

Started by dwh367, September 14, 2018, 09:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwh367

Is there a way to delete the damn softphone that I have never used once since I bought my Obi100 eons ago?  We came home from running errands to the sound of our phone base ringing.  We looked to see why our handsets weren't ringing and they were all dead. Once we put them on the charger they were showing 50 missed calls.  We can't answer from our phone base and since our handsets didn't have enough charge to use them yet we had to listen to them call 20 more times.  That was the last straw.  I pulled the plug on the Obi and if you can't delete my softphone I'll never plug the SOB back in again!  We have a two month old baby that we don't want woke up by this nonsense.  When someone calls you so much that it runs your cordless phones down there's a major problem that needs to be remedied.

SteveInWA

That is complete gibberish.  You aren't making any sense, probably due to lack of sleep from caring for your baby.

The "softphone" entry on the OBiTALK dashboard is only used when calling via the "Obion" soft phone client on a PC.  It cannot be deleted. It has no effect whatsoever on your cordless phones.  Of course your phones won't ring if they have dead batteries.

dwh367

1. Obi has an assigned soft phone number.
2. Cordless phones are connected to Obi
3. Only 1 line on Obi is in use.  The other line is disabled.
4. The calls weren't coming through the primary line.  This was verified by using the app made available by my VOIP
    provider.  When the softphone call phone would ring in it wouldn't.  When the primary number was actually called
    the app would ring as well.
5. The ringtone pattern on the cordless was different than when the primary number is called.
6.  When a SIP to SIP call is placed to my Obi softphone the cordless phones WILL ring.  They ARE connected to
     the Obi.
7.  To point out the obvious cordless phones run on a battery.  When cordless phones ring relentlessly the backlight
     and the ringer WILL eventually run the battery down. 
8.  I've been into radio communications since 1977 and computers/internet since 1995.  While I am by no means an
     expert on everything technology related I know more about it than the average person.
9.  See the answer provided by someone else who actually understood what I was talking about and their answer
     was actually helpful.  I understand what they're telling me to do and I know how to do it. 
10. Do your research before giving a sarcastic answer.  It doesn't make you look very bright.

Sheffield_Steve

If indeed these are SIP Scanner calls that means you have your OBi100 connected directly and open to the internet.

That is not good security practice.

If you put the OBi100 behind a firewall it will stop (block) SIP Scanner calls and make it much more secure.