News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Intermittent problem with Obi 200 using GV

Started by Cindywithobi, September 16, 2018, 07:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindywithobi

Using Google Voice - sometimes the phone light is on, sometimes not. When the light is off, incoming calls do not come in. They do come in to my cell phone. Making calls works sometimes as well. When not working I get the recording "the # you have dialed has not received a response from the service provider". I unplug the power cord to Obi, plug it back in, then can make the call. Followed SteveinWA recommendation to unplug cords (replaced Ethernet and phone line), delete the device in Obitalk and re-do. Worked for a day, but is back to working intermittently. Is this a software problem or is my device "sick"? Thanks...

CloudTalkGuy

I have the same symptom although I'm not sure it's the same as yours or not.  When I call a number using GV using a SIP phone connected to my Obi 200 (even if I'm dialing another GV number), with the latest software 5989EX, I noticed that instead of going to voicemail, my SIP phone will go to fast busy.  And when it does, the line GV is on (SP1) seems to hang.  If I pick up anything else (analog, SIP, etc.) and try to dial out using the GV SP1, it will say that the line is unavailable (I think I saw a 503 error?).  Then about a minute or two later, on the logs, I will see a connection reset on the GV line where it re-establishes the TCP connection to GV and then GV works again until we try to call another line that gets forwarded to voicemail.  When the line is hung, all LEDs are lit.

zapattack

Hanging after fast busy can usually be eliminated by
setting the SP associated with the SIP phone to use
X_EarlyICEEnable
X_EarlyICEEnableIn   under General
Verify that you can hear the recording at 1 631 265 0000

I also recommend
X_SessionRefresh  in  phone SIP settings if calls time out.
Also try
X_Sticky18x  in both SIP settings