News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 212 inbound caller ID from Line port is missing

Started by puppying, September 21, 2018, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puppying

Hi all,
I am trying to replace the old Obi 110 with Obi 212 in Taiwan. The following is my setup:
SP1: Google Voice
Line1: PSTN
PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
Line port DigitMap: (0xxxxxxxxx|xx.) as both landline and mobile numbers here are always 10 digits starting with 0
All other settings are factory default (device purchased in the US)

For some reason, the incoming calls from PSTN don't show caller ID at all (Showed "Caller ID hidden" in Chinese on the phone). All other caller IDs (outbound PSTN, inbound/outbound google voice) all worked fine.  I checked the call history on Obi 212 and here is an example:
12:33:20   From LI1()   To PH1
12:33:20   Ringing
12:33:53   Call Ended

As you can see, Obi 212 didn't catch any numbers from LI1.  The old Obi 110 used the same settings worked just fine and I can see the numbers in the call history, so I am wondering what went wrong in Obi 212.  Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks.

drgeoff

The primary line and all digit maps have no bearing on received CallerID.

The two relevant settings are on the Physical Interfaces, Line Port page. Check that they are the same as worked on the OBi110.

puppying

May I ask what are the two relevant settings?  To me, both devices have the same settings in that page.

drgeoff

Quote from: puppying on September 23, 2018, 05:21:24 AM
May I ask what are the two relevant settings?  To me, both devices have the same settings in that page.
I don't have an OBi212 but see no reason why the settings would not be the same as on an OBi110 where they are RingDelay and CallerIDDetectMethod.