News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

WMI Message indicator (stutter) not working anymore

Started by GarryVK, September 22, 2018, 10:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryVK

I'm using Anveo for my service on line 2 (202), and the stutter is no longer working.
contacted anveo and this is what their response was "9/17/2018 10:13:03 AM
by Ilya   SIP Status report (Reports -> SIP Status Report) shows that the last WMI subscription request was received on July, 03
Please try to reboot your OBI and contact to OBI customer support if you WMI does not start to work"
And this is the response from Obihai asking the same question
Hi,
SP1, with Google Voice account **** status "Connected", assigned to Phone 1 port for all incoming/outgoing calls.
SP2, with Anveo account status "Registered", assigned to Phone 2 port for all incoming/outgoing calls.
Google Voice service does not have the Message Waiting function.
Please check the phone connected to Phone 2 port instead.  And check with Anveo service to see if any change made within the account configurations.
Best regards,
Obi support at Polycom

looking at my settings
MWIEnable         +*   help
MWIEnable2   +!      +*   help
X_VMWIEnable              +*   help
X_VMWIEnable2   +!      +*   help
X_MWIRoute                   +       help
X_VMWIRoute                   +       help
MessageWaiting         +   help
+ all set to obitalk settings

Now i wish I had signed up with a company that dealt with hardware and software instead trying to blame each other.
Any ideas, I appreciate it

Abestock

Provided that under Voice Services - SP2 service - Calling Features, MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable are ENABLED, then MWI is controlled by the Obitalk platform. You need to ensure that your SP2 is REGISTERED on their server.

drgeoff

Quote from: Abestock on October 09, 2018, 09:03:30 AM
Provided that under Voice Services - SP2 service - Calling Features, MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable are ENABLED, then MWI is controlled by the Obitalk platform. You need to ensure that your SP2 is REGISTERED on their server.
@Abestock

What are you trying to say?  What do you mean by "Obitalk platform"?  What server is "their server"?  You have only mentioned Obitalk.  The Obihai servers play no part in incoming or outgoing calls on an SP configured for Anveo nor any message waiting notifications pertaining to that.  If you meant that SP2 must be registered to the Anveo server, there would be no incoming calls from Anveo on that SP if it were not registered.

SteveInWA

Issues with Anveo's MWI/VMWI feature have been around on and off for years.

Here's one of the latest examples:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14603.0

Abestock

GarryVK

Thanks for your response, as I'm not getting answers out of Polycom even though I paid for extended support.
It still is not working also my GV is not ringing anymore (SP1)
reading into this forum sounds like firmware issues
I have HardwareVersion   1.4   OBi202   
SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)
Is there an older software firmware that works with this that has no issues?
if so which version and where to get it
Thanks
Garry

jtalden

GarryVK,
My situation is the same as yours except I don't use GV.  I only use the Anveo service.

My setup is only 2 weeks old and I just found out MWI is not working.  I have the Obi 200.  I confirmed I have the same Obitalk firmware, software and other settings that you have indicated in post 1.  I confirmed that Anveo SIP registration has WMI set as on.  I am getting emails from Anveo that there are VM messages, but WMI would be very helpful.

Have you found a solution yet?  Thanks!

GarryVK

It is still not working, last time I contacted Polycom they fixed my GV incoming ring but not the VMI for Anveo. It would be nice if they would just say it's in the firmware and were working on it instead of just ignoring my replies.Is anyone using Anveo have the stutter work?