News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 - Everything worked for months, until it didn't. GV rings neither phone

Started by Instrumentality, September 26, 2018, 11:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instrumentality

After spending many hours yesterday to get my Obi200 to work with Google Voice again, and then another hour to make my IP phone play nice with the Obi again (since I updated firmware, and reset to factory as part of the process, losing my settings), I can now make outbound calls just fine from both the old landline phone plugged in, and the VOIP/SIP phone on my network.

Neither of them ring anymore when my Google Voice number is called.  I don't have the other post handy that I was following, but I tried using that Obi attendant thing at **0, but it never ringed my phones either.

I need help, and I beg you to skip the "reboot everything" steps, as I already did that yesterday just to get this far.  I do now have the Obi SIP device appearing in legacy google voice, also. It is checked, of course.  I tried un-checking my cell phone there, and that just made nothing ring.

What I want to know is, is there some option I need to check in the setup I'm not finding to specify which phones to ring?

I have Google Voice on SP1, ITSP A, and my IP Phone on SP2, ITSP B, set up using this thread as a guide: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11592.msg76226#msg76226  (That's the only thing that ever worked.  I'm using a Yealink T23P, but that's probably not relevant, since the old landline phone isn't ringing either, and both make outbound calls fine.

The X_Inbound_CallRoute on SP1 (GV) is sp2(line1@local_client),ph
The X_Inbound_CallRoute on SP2 (Yealink) is {line1>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

What am I missing here?

A_Friend

Hmmm...  If you can make outbound calls, then the Service is registering.  So, the question is, where are incoming calls directed.

Check the webpage at voice.google.com, go into settings, select "Legacy Google Voice", and when you get there, go into those settings.  (The menu icon is on the left in "standard" GV and on the right in "legacy.")  If the Obitalk device is not checked, check it.

If it was already checked, I don't have a lot of suggestions.  You could try setting the inbound call route on SP1 to just {ph} to see what happens.  If that rings, then one of the experts here needs to advise you on syntax for that setting.

drgeoff

Quote from: A_Friend on September 26, 2018, 02:24:56 PM
Hmmm...  If you can make outbound calls, then the Service is registering.
That's a non-sequitur.  It is entirely possible to make outbound calls without being SIP registered.  Anyone who uses the Voice Gateways on an Obihai device can confirm that.

Using Expert mode on the portal what does the Status page page show?

Using the OBi200's onboard web server GUI, look at the Call History.  Are the calls reaching the OBi200?

A_Friend

Quote from: drgeoff on September 27, 2018, 03:26:00 AM
That's a non-sequitur.  It is entirely possible to make outbound calls without being SIP registered.  Anyone who uses the Voice Gateways on an Obihai device can confirm that.

While that's true for many SIP carriers, is it true for Google Voice?  I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that GV was a bit stricter about that.

But, as you point out, checking the System Status is the actual way to check if a service is, in fact, registered.  And, checking Call History is always a good idea to help localize the problem.