News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot add OBI110 as device

Started by kryptonix, September 28, 2018, 12:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kryptonix

I purchased a used OBI110 and have been attempting to add it to newly created obitalk account with little luck.
Out of 100+ attempts dialing in **5 ....   it, the device was recognized only few times (all other times nothing happens at all) and when I tried pressing Confirm I received "Failed to add this device. Your session may have timed out. Please try again."
Eventually (I had to do it extremely quickly) it confirmed and successfully added as device. I was able to configure SIP and it seems to be working as expected.

What would be causing this issue ?
Did the previous owner not remove it from their Obitalk account (they told me they did) ?
If they had not removed it, what happens if it's registered in 2 accounts ?
Should I be concerned of any security issues ?

Thanks

ps. I'm ware that OBI110 is not supported anymore but it meets my needs for time being.

Taoman

Quote from: kryptonix on September 28, 2018, 12:28:42 PM

What would be causing this issue ?

It's an Obihai back-end server problem. It's not you or your device. Many people have been experiencing this.....myself included.

A couple weeks ago I was trying to add an OBi202 to the portal and experienced the same issues you have encountered. The echo test worked fine every time but it just wouldn't add the device. Finally after 3 days of trying it suddenly worked. Weekends tend to be the worst time to try and add a device but lately it doesn't seem to matter when you try....... it can still be problematic.

amart79196

Is anyone working on this issue to have a resolve?  Basically this issue has been going on for weeks?  What is the point in buying a new product if you can't add it to the system?