News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 keeps resettting my router

Started by Ozzieken, September 08, 2011, 06:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozzieken

Hi,
I've just bought an Obi110 and I am trying to configure it to Australian settings. Every time I submit a page for changes to the configuration the Obi resets itself but also resets the router which then has to relog on to the service provider - a long & drawn out process.
Is there any way of preventing this behaviour?
TIA

MB..

Given that the only connection between the two is an Ethernet, sounds like it would have to
be a router (or Obi hardware) problem.

• Does disconnecting and reconnecting the Obi (or anything else plugged into the router) cause the same issue?
  • Does it happen on all router ports?
  • Is the IP address of the Obi in use by another device?

OBiSupport

We suggest you use the OBi Expert configuration pages to make the modifications necessary to localize your OBi to Australian settings

For the router reset, the OBi would not factor here unless there is some type of incompatibility.  Please contact Obihai support for personalized assistance on this matter.

Ozzieken

Quote from: OBiSupport on September 08, 2011, 10:42:01 PM
We suggest you use the OBi Expert configuration pages to make the modifications necessary to localize your OBi to Australian settings

I originally configured the Obi directly using the ip address, and later added a few details through the Obi expert. Then I fread the post saying that that was definitely not the way to go, so I reset the configuration and re-configured using the expert system through Obitalk ... Neither way made any difference to this problem, and neither way has enabled me to get a connection to my Isp's voip server.
I'll take your advice & contact support direct.  thanks to all those who responded.