News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110: voice level changes during conversation

Started by Stargazer, December 10, 2018, 09:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

I have a voice level issue when I use my obi110 as a PSTN gateway.
I connect through the internet with a SIP client to SP2 and then use Auto Attendant to dial a number on the Line port.

The issue appears when both sides are talking simultaneously. At that moment the voice level gets low and it gets difficult to understand what is said. It seems like the issue is more pronounced for the internet side (SIP client on SP2) and less pronounced for the Line port (PSTN) side. I checked with different SIP clients and different hardware. The issue is always present more or less.
It may be something like, when the line port starts to transmit while receiving, the receiving level goes low.

If I connect the phone directly to the line the issue is not present. If I connect through the internet to the SP2 and talk to obi110 Phone port, without a further PSTN gateway connection, the quality is excellent and the issue is not present (so maybe the phone port settings are correct:)).

It could be related to the line port settings or kind of echo cancellation but can anyone give me a clue where to look for it?

Thanks