News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No dial tone or phone led after switching GV number

Started by Foster900, October 02, 2018, 08:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foster900

With an Obi200, everything was working perfect, then last night I switched our Google Voice number to a different email account. I did a factory reset and went to set it up logging in under the new account. The first time it found the phone, but didn't work, so I did a factory reset and now it's on the Internet and power light is on, but the phone LED won't come on and no dial tone. I checked with different cables and phone, and it all happened after a factory reset and also of the settings to start fresh.

Firmware is 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX). Even with just the phone and power, the phone light won't come on, nothing else was changed but the factory reset and settings so I'm really at a loss. I can log into the control panel and see it's connected to the Internet and all seems good. Just the phone LED will flash at bootup but then never comes on after that. Everything else is solid green. Is there something new with this firmware that needs to be done? I bought the box a year or so ago and it's always worked perfect out of the box.

drgeoff

Log in locally.  Click on Status.  Click on Phone Status.  What do you see against State, LoopCurrent, VBAT and
TipRingVoltage when the phone is on-hook?  And those four when off-hook?