News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED: Obi200 drops all calls after 5 minutes

Started by Darlynne, October 02, 2018, 01:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlynne

We purchased and installed a new Obi200 earlier this year when Obi100 was no longer supported; the system has worked perfectly. We have SP1 for Google Voice set as usual without other services.

This week, all calls (incoming and outgoing) have started dropping after 5 minutes. I updated to the most recent firmware, which didn't help, so I followed Steve in Washington's steps for unplugging, deleting the device, reinstalling, reconnecting to Google Voice (I'm not detailing every step, but those are the broad strokes of what I've done). The current firmware build is 3.2.2 5921EX.

The calls are still dropping. Are there other suggestions for this particular problem?

Thanks for your help.

ETA: Sorry for the multiple posts, I kept getting an error about mail server response codes. I've deleted the duplicates, AFAIK.

chilirock

Are you sure you have the correct firmware version? I thought the latest firmware was 3.2.2 5898EX. This is the version on my Obi200 showing an uptime of 10+ weeks.

SteveInWA

I'm sorry that my instructions didn't fix your issue.  It looks like new OBiTALK devices are shipping with a newer firmware build.  Perhaps it has a bug -- I have no idea.

Since your unit is under warranty, I suggest that you contact Polycom for advice/support.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/supportTicketForm

Taoman

Quote from: chilirock on October 02, 2018, 03:38:41 PM
Are you sure you have the correct firmware version? I thought the latest firmware was 3.2.2 5898EX. This is the version on my Obi200 showing an uptime of 10+ weeks.

Latest version for Obi200/202 is firmware build 3.2.2 5921EX.

So far, been unable to download it manually. I think Polyhai changed their naming scheme for manual downloading.........if that's even allowed anymore.

I had to remove my OBi202 from OBi portal and add it back again for 5921EX to be automatically pushed to my device.

Darlynne

Quote from: chilirock on October 02, 2018, 03:38:41 PM
That's the version I updated to previously, but in many places on this forum, users are being told NOT to manually update the firmware. I'll do it again and report back. Thanks.

Darlynne

Yesterday I had to deal with the Obi200 displaying a token error. That's all fixed, all the *codes to confirm the unit is working (echo, etc.) were done, and calls are STILL dropping today at 5 minutes.

I've written to Support so did not update the firmware from 5921EX. Also, GV calls answered on my cellphone (not through Obi200) do not get disconnected. Hopefully Support has a solution.

Darlynne

The problem turned out to be SIP-ALG, which I have now disabled. Why the calls would drop at 5 minutes, as opposed to not going through at all, is puzzling, but at least I have my phone back. Thanks to all posters. I'll mark this solved.

zapattack

Optionally try activating
X_DetectALG
in SIP settings.
My Netgear router works fine with ALG Enabled.

ricklawpsu

I'm having a similar issue with dropped incoming audio after about 5-10 minutes or sooner. Caller can hear me but I cannot hear them. Also have obi200

This issue started after I upgraded my router to a Netgear R6220. I already disabled SIP ALG but it did not resolve. I also updated the firmware to 5921ex. Additionally, I've tried enabling X_detectALG. Going back to the previous router does resolve the issue.

Anything else I should try before I upgrade to a different router? Thanks for any assistance.

zapattack

My old setup worked only if the Netgear had ALG enabled.
My new D-Link 880 is using all four ALG settings enabled.

My GV calls do not drop after 5 minutes. I do not have one-way transmission problems.

ALG is not implemented identically by all router manufacturers.
Only change settings to see if that fixes a problem.

SteveGinForum

I have the same problem - after 5 min, 20 sec's, caller hears me but I stop hearing caller. I have Netgear R6230 Router which worked fine until recently.  The only change I can figure out is that I updated firmware for the router - but I didn't change any settings.  After reading this, I then Disabled SIP-ALG (the only ALG setting I could find). Restarted my Obi200 tested and found I still have the same problem.  Not sure where to go from here.  Any suggestions?   (PS:  I did try to update OBI200 firmware with the automated process but there is no update so I should be current).