News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 Installation

Started by env123, October 03, 2018, 10:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

env123

I have tried adding a new Obi200 device and keep getting this error "Failed to connect to your device. Please check your device's internet connection:"  I have followed all the steps on this page.  The Obi echo test works as it should.  I have updated the firmware on the device.  I have even gone into my router to ensure that the OBi was connected and indeed it is.  Last Obi tutorials had me go to the Obi IP address and change the DNSServer1 to 4.2.2.2.  I did that and rebooted the device.  Still it is not working.  I do not know what else to try since there are no other troubleshooting steps listed anywhere.  Please help...

drgeoff

I suspect the problem is at the Obihai server end again.  There have been several reports of this in the last few weeks.

You are within your 1 year of support.  Open a ticket.

env123

Thank you.  I have submitted a ticket and will wait to hear back.  No need spending more time on this if they have been having issues.  I appreciate the heads up.

blueking

Does this only affect new devices because I just configured mine several times in the past few days without problem on the obihai server end.

drgeoff

Quote from: blueking on October 03, 2018, 10:34:26 AM
Does this only affect new devices because I just configured mine several times in the past few days without problem on the obihai server end.
Only the **5 xxxx procedure to register a device to the portal.  Once a device is added, unless it is deliberately deleted from the portal, that **5 xxxx procedure does not need to be done again.

blueking

Yes, I did the **5 9999 many many times. It worked every time when I was on TWC network and eventually worked on ATT network.

Does this **5 process a one time per device process, or every time you do it, it will be just like a brand new device?

SupTeamGuy

From Polycom-Obihai Support Team,

We are aware of the issue and currently working on resolving it.  We will do a follow-up with you.

Please make sure to keep your OBi devices connected via the Ethernet cable to the BLUE internet port on your OBi device and direct to your router.  No switch, nor extender, nor hub connected. 

Best regards,
Obi support at Polycom

Rick108

I just found this thread.  I am having the same problem, trying to register a brand new OBi200.

Any estimate on when your server will be working again?

drgeoff

Quote from: Rick108 on October 03, 2018, 03:22:50 PM
I just found this thread.  I am having the same problem, trying to register a brand new OBi200.

Any estimate on when your server will be working again?
This is almost exclusively predominantly a user to user forum and OBihai staff rarely participate.  Your best hope of getting an answer is to open a support ticket.

cabberger

Mionky

Brand New OBi202 having the same problem.

HMEETIS

I am having this issue as well. Someone mentioned a support ticket, how does one open that?

SteveInWA

According to Polycom, they are continuing to investigate this problem; it is intermittent, and so meanwhile, their recommendation is to keep trying, and it should eventually work.

HMEETIS

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 03, 2018, 06:28:34 PM
See:  https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/request-support
Thank you. I sent in a ticket, though if it is server side who knows what good it will do.
Is this only affecting people trying to register a device or are devices that are registered having issues?

klepper

*sigh*

#Metoo

new obi200 no setup.

amart79196

If anyone has support (active warranty), can you please submit ticket for this!  It's truly unreal that I can not submit a ticket or get a reply without being in warranty when the issue is not my equipment and it is totally on their side! 

This issues has been happening for over two days now. 

Just a quick back story:
I hadn't used this for over a year, so when I pulled it out it updated itself, I tried to link a different google voice account and when that wouldn't work I deleted the item from the account and tried to relink.  Once I did that, the server wouldn't link it!

HMEETIS

Quote from: amart79196 on October 04, 2018, 05:55:28 AM
If anyone has support (active warranty), can you please submit ticket for this!  It's truly unreal that I can not submit a ticket or get a reply without being in warranty when the issue is not my equipment and it is totally on their side! 

This issues has been happening for over two days now. 

Just a quick back story:
I hadn't used this for over a year, so when I pulled it out it updated itself, I tried to link a different google voice account and when that wouldn't work I deleted the item from the account and tried to relink.  Once I did that, the server wouldn't link it!

I currently have an open support ticket for this. Hopefully it is corrected soon but so far i have not heard anything. I submitted my ticket last night though so not sure how soon i should expect a response. Miss the old obi, they were very responsive.

OBiSupport

Dear OBiTALK Members,

OBiTALK is currently experiencing a slight performance degradation affecting the following functions:
- Add Device: Users Cannot Add New Devices
- OBiTALK Service Status: Status Displayed on OBiTALK Does Not Represent Actual Running Status of Device

The root cause is known and the work required to resolve is underway.

If you are experiencing any issues with functionality described above please do the following:
1.  Contact the Polycom OBiTALK support team via the on-line ticket system: CLICK HERE and submit the information required. Our support staff will work to help you resolve the issue you have and communicate accordingly.

2.  Continue to use the OBiTALK portal for the desired function knowing it may take several attempts to complete the task.

We expect the issues to be resolved soon.

Thank you for your patience, your support and for being a customer.

Warm Regards,
Obihai Team @ Polycom

OBiSupport

OBiTALK web services performance has been restored to normal operational levels.  Please proceed to use the Add Device and Device Configuration services and let us know if you continue to experience issues.

Include: Your OBi device 9-digit OBi No.

Thank you
OBiTALK Team @ Polycom