News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Obi200 - Trying to set up with GV but can't add device (solved)

Started by vincefam, October 03, 2018, 03:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vincefam

So I just set up the box - it's connected to the internet and I can call the ObiTalk test number just fine. I already have a google voice number and I registered in the ObiTalk Web Portal with my google account. Then I went to "add device", made sure the "I want to configure Google Voice on this device" box was checked, and dialed the **5 XXXX number. I got the automated response saying its been sent to the server... but then the page continues to time out and the device doesn't configure.

I've been trying to find a solution in the forum, and I dialed ***6 to upgrade the firmware, but it still doesn't work. I'd really appreciate your help with this issue.

Thanks

vincefam

Looks like I missed the post in the second link, that seems to be the same issue I'm experiencing. I guess it's a common issue right now, I'll open a ticket.
Thanks

SteveInWA

For what it's worth, I have reported this three times to Polycom.  They do know about it; they do know it's broken, and they are trying to fix it.  My last contact was last week.

OBiSupport

Dear OBiTALK Members,

OBiTALK is currently experiencing a slight performance degradation affecting the following functions:
- Add Device: Users Cannot Add New Devices
- OBiTALK Service Status: Status Displayed on OBiTALK Does Not Represent Actual Running Status of Device

The root cause is known and the work required to resolve is underway.

If you are experiencing any issues with functionality described above please do the following:
1.  Contact the Polycom OBiTALK support team via the on-line ticket system: CLICK HERE and submit the information required. Our support staff will work to help you resolve the issue you have and communicate accordingly.

2.  Continue to use the OBiTALK portal for the desired function knowing it may take several attempts to complete the task.

We expect the issues to be resolved soon.

Thank you for your patience, your support and for being a customer.

Warm Regards,
Obihai Team @ Polycom