News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Name part of CNAM not working

Started by texastoys, October 03, 2018, 05:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texastoys

I use my Obi200 with google voice.

I had CNAM service with Simon Telephonics until they no longer provided service and it worked perfectly on every incoming call, but since they no longer support CNAM...I had to find another provider.

I got a CallCentric account and number.  In my preferences, CNAM is enabled...but, I still only get the number displayed with it saying "out of area" instead of the name.

I put in a trouble ticket with CallCentric and provided screen shots they asked for.  Their response was:
"Hello, We have reviewed the screen captures that you have provided us; however we do not see anything unusual that would cause your Obi200 to not process caller ID information -- as with our initial update, we are showing that caller ID information is being sent towards your Obi200, the issue seems to be relating to your device not parsing the information that is sent. From your screen captures we do see that the "caller ID service" is enabled (as per the "Calling Features" section found on your "Physical Interfaces >> Phone1 Port" configuration page). Have you contacted Obihai support (the manufacturer/ developer of the Obi200) in regards to why your Obi200 is not processing caller ID information?"

I need help to figure out why my phones no longer show the caller's name for every call like it did when using Simon Telephonics.

Thanks,
Todd

SteveInWA

Hi:  often, the root cause of this problem is that you are still receiving calls forwarded directly to your OBi from Google Voice, and Google Voice has limited support for caller ID name.

Sign into your Google Voice account on a laptop/desktop computer and go to Settings:  https://voice.google.com/settings

Make sure that you have ENabled call forwarding to your linked Callcentric phone number (you did link it, right?  Make sure that you have DISabled call forwarding to the OBi device.

If you can't see the OBi device in settings, then click the three horizontal bar, "hamburger" menu icon in the upper left corner, then scroll down and click "Legacy Google Voice", and use the gear icon on the Legacy page to get to Settings.

texastoys

Yes, I linked my CallCentric number to google voice...and call forwarding is checked for my CallCentric number.

However, when I went into "Legacy"...it was checked to forward calls to my Obi and my CallCentric number was unchecked.

I just "unchecked" my Obi and "checked" my CallCentric number.

I just tested it and that appears to have been the problem.

Thank you.

SteveInWA

There you go!  That was easy.  Enjoy.