News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is it possible to delay ring for a few seconds?

Started by Styphen, October 05, 2018, 04:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Styphen

I use a great anti-spam service (Jolly Roger) to filter incoming calls. It relies on the simultaneous ring option in GV. Often, the spam service doesn't answer in time to catch a spam call, and I catch a ring or two on the Obi200.

An ideal way to fix this would be simply delaying the ring on the Obi, but I do not know how to do this.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, or just tell me that it cannot be done if that is the case.

Thanks in advance!

azrobert

Are you answering the call before it's blocked? You can have the OBi200 phone ring silently for x number of seconds before the normal ring pattern.

Use OBi Expert to make the following change.

Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A -> Ring Pattern 1
Default: 60;(2+4)
Ring for 2 seconds then silence for 4 seconds, repeat for 60 seconds

Change to: 60;2(0+2);58(2+4)
Silence for 2 seconds then normal ring pattern

Styphen

Thank you azrobert, you are my new hero! I just plugged those settings in, saved and rebooted.

I have not been answering before it is blocked, but it rings simultaneously both here and at the spam service, so I hear the first ring or two regardless of whether it is a legit call or a spam. Delaying the ring like this should allow the service to check CLID and decide whether it is a call that needs to be answered by it or by me. If the spam service hasn't caught the call by the second ring, chances are that I want to answer it myself.

I work at night, and I get a ton of spam. The filter service has been a blessing, but I made some changes to where my number is hosted (ported it from Number Barn to Google) and ever since, spam calls have been slipping through for a ring before getting caught by the filter. Delaying the ring a bit should resolve the problem, I think.   

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.