News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to Setup the Auto-Attendant to Give POTS Dial Tone

Started by technotite, October 09, 2018, 10:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

technotite

So, essentially what I'm trying to do is setup a way wherein someone calling a DID, which routes to the Auto-Attendant, would be able to get POTS dial tone either automatically when calling the DID, or as a menu option within the IVR on the auto attendant.

Any idea on how to do this with ObiLINE or the Obi110?

azrobert

You don't get dial tone when using the AA. The AA will ask you what to do. You enter 2 for a new call then enter the outbound number followed by a # sign. The AA will send the number to POTS. You need to set the Primary Line for the AA to "PSTN Line". That is the default for the OBi110.

CallerIDs for GV start with a plus sign. Use OBi Expert to change the X_InboundCallRoute to send a CallerID to the AA.

(+18005551212:aa},{ph}

You can get POTS dial tone without the AA, but you don't have the option to ring the phone port.

(+18005551212:li('')},{ph}

That's 2 single quotes.

technotite

So, if i'm reading the syntax correctly:

(+18005551212:li('')},{ph}

would route calls with the CID +18005551212 to the POTS line/POTS dial tone?

If so, is there a way to route all calls to the POTS dial tone, regardless of CID?

technotite

Syntax wise...I would think either one of the following would achieve what I'm wanting (all calls to route to PSTN dial tone):

{@:li('')},{ph}

or

{@:li},{ph}

...am I right, or completely lost?

azrobert

Your 1st example will work, but it's not necessary to check for CallerID.
This will route all calls to POTS: li('')

When you bridge a call, the userid of the inbound service provider will be used as the outbound number, so your 2nd example will not work correctly. You need to use the double quotes to override the userid with nulls.

Edit:

Inbound route processing moves left to right, so the suggestion in my 1st post will route the callerid to Line and all other numbers to the phone port.

I was wrong about your 1st example and it won't work. You are checking the callerid for a single character. It should be "@.". You also have to enclose the "@." in parentheses, so the argument is a digitmap. Without the parentheses the "@." is a literal.
The dot means 0 or more characters.

{(@.):li('')},{ph}

The 1st rule will match all inbound numbers, so the {ph} will never be used. When there is only 1 rule the { } is optional.