News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 SP2 Fault

Started by JohnGee, October 10, 2018, 01:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnGee

My Obi200 will not ring the phone from incoming calls on SP2.
SP1, SP3 and SP4 work as expected.

I had a Voip DID from voip.ms set to SP2. I have tried for a week to get it working, following all advice I could find on the internet with no success.  The SP2 shows registered, and I can make calls out using **2 to access the voip.ms account.

On SP4, I had a service from Vitelity that worked well.
Today, to troubleshoot, I deleted sp2 and sp4 settings and set the two providers up on the different sp channels.
Now the Vitelity on SP2 will not ring the phone. It does register and can call out using **2.
The Voip.ms on SP4 registers, rings the phone perfectly and I can call out with **4.

I think I need a replacement under warranty which expires this month.

drgeoff

Quote from: JohnGee on October 10, 2018, 01:20:11 PM
My Obi200 will not ring the phone from incoming calls on SP2.
SP1, SP3 and SP4 work as expected.

I had a Voip DID from voip.ms set to SP2. I have tried for a week to get it working, following all advice I could find on the internet with no success.  The SP2 shows registered, and I can make calls out using **2 to access the voip.ms account.

On SP4, I had a service from Vitelity that worked well.
Today, to troubleshoot, I deleted sp2 and sp4 settings and set the two providers up on the different sp channels.
Now the Vitelity on SP2 will not ring the phone. It does register and can call out using **2.
The Voip.ms on SP4 registers, rings the phone perfectly and I can call out with **4.

I think I need a replacement under warranty which expires this month.

You probably do not need a replacement.  There is only one set of hardware that is used by all SP1-4 so you appear to have a configuration error or a corrupt firmware.  The latter is unlikely but what firmware version is on your OBi200.

Check what is configured as the SP2 X_InboundCallRoute.

JohnGee

I used the same config on SP4 that I had used on SP2 for voip.ms.  The phone will ring with same settings when set on SP4, but not on SP2.

The Vitelity DID with same settings as was on SP4 will now not work on SP2.

HardwareVersion   1.4      
SoftwareVersion   3.2.1 (Build: 5775EX)

The inboudCallRoute is   ph  for sp2 and sp4.

JohnGee

I tried again today with another factory reset and reloaded my SIP details.
This has solved the problem.

At one stage yesterday I tried the setting to turn off DND. That did not fix it.

Anyhow, we are back live and all four lines are now ringing the phone.