News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Power led indicator blinking red

Started by JEB1, October 10, 2018, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEB1

The power led on my obihai 200 is blinking red.  I've tried doing a factory-reset, however, the obihai isn't responding to this procedure.  Does anyone have any ideas to get my obihai restored to a working state?  Thanks.

SteveInWA

Quote from: JEB1 on October 10, 2018, 09:19:55 PM
The power led on my obihai 200 is blinking red.  I've tried doing a factory-reset, however, the obihai isn't responding to this procedure.  Does anyone have any ideas to get my obihai restored to a working state?  Thanks.

There are two different methods to restore an OBiTALK ATA to factory defaults:  the ***9 method, and the "paper clip" method.  Which one did you try?  If you didn't try the paper clip method, that would be your last hope.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can suggest is to find another AC/DC power adapter ("wall wart") with the same specs (12VDC @ 1A minimum), and swap it with the existing adapter.  If it still fails, it's dead.  If it's within one year of purchase, then open a ticket with Polycom; otherwise, time to buy a new one, and, while you are at it, buy a good quality, new surge protector (e.g. from APC, Tripplite or Belkin).

SteveInWA

...and please delete your numerous duplicate posts.

SupTeamGuy

To JEB1,

Are you using the original power supply that came in the box? 

Try another 12V power adapter, connect to the OBi.  Try the power adapter for your home router, usually it is compatible.   And see if the OBi device power LED can light up and change from blinking RED to GREEN, and after a minute later, check for dial tone.  And see if you can press ***, you should be able to hear voice menu.