News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice versus Anveo

Started by PasoDale, October 11, 2018, 11:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasoDale

I have my OBI200 connected to GV and outbound is great.  Inbound I must pick up in 9 seconds or the call is gone, swallowed by GV, but GV waits an additional 16 seconds before playing the voicemail message.

My understanding is this is how GV works and cannot be changed (correct?).  9 seconds is not enough time for me to get to the phone.  I have no idea what it is doing during those 16 seconds but I cannot answer it.

If I switch to Anveo, can I have the inbound call ring my phone until the cows come home or I pick it up? I sometimes need 30 seconds to get to the phone, not too much to ask.

Thanks for your replies.

SteveInWA

Google Voice has a fixed ring period of approximately 25 seconds, not 9 seconds.  If your OBiTALK device isn't ringing for approximately that long, then you likely have a configuration problem.

I don't know if Anveo has an adjustable ring period, but it's likely they do.  Callcentric does, for example, including the option to disable their voicemail entirely.