News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

trying to dial an 800 number and failing

Started by jjkel, October 12, 2018, 07:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjkel

Hi, i was just trying to dial the IRS 800 number 8008291040 and my obi 202 would not connect to it.  My google voice would connect just fine through hangouts.   When I dial via the obi it rings about 20 times and finally says the number you dialed has not recieved a response from the service provider

Any advice on why i cant call the IRS?

thanks

JJ

drgeoff

Log in to the OBi's local management GUI and look at the Call History.  Check that the number sent is what you expect and that it went to the SP you expect.

The 3.2.2 is not the complete firmware info.  What is the Build number? Something like 5898 or 5921. What version of firmware have you downloaded?  It is quite possible that the firmware in your OBi was automatically pushed by Obihai and is more recent than the one you downloaded.

jjkel

Quote from: drgeoff on October 12, 2018, 07:25:54 AM
Log in to the OBi's local management GUI and look at the Call History.  Check that the number sent is what you expect and that it went to the SP you expect.

The 3.2.2 is not the complete firmware info.  What is the Build number? Something like 5898 or 5921. What version of firmware have you downloaded?  It is quite possible that the firmware in your OBi was automatically pushed by Obihai and is more recent than the one you downloaded.
Thanks for your response

Build no. is 5898EX - so sounds like Im good on firmware

Call 1   10/12/2018    10:01:16   
10:01:16   From PH1   To SP2(18008291040)   [this is the correct number for the IRS]
10:01:16      Ringing
10:02:16      Call Ended

azrobert

I can call the IRS with my GV account. I don't know why it's not working for you.

You can use a free tollfree provider to call the IRS. If you're interested, answer the following questions:

Do you have any other providers defined?
List them with the OBi SP number.
Do you want this new provider used to call all tollfree numbers or just the IRS?
Do you know how to use OBi Expert?