News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't Get Obi202 Calling In or Out

Started by GuyOBi, October 13, 2018, 06:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyOBi

I have Google Voice setup where it has a Number assigned by them. The Linked Phone is one of my local
cordless phone.

The SP1 setup looks ok and I logged in again where is says Google Credentials.

When I dial the Googe Voice Number, it rings the Linked Phone instead of the one connected to the Phone Port on back of the Obi202.

I was able to do the ObiTalk Echo Test from the Phone attached and it worked.

I get a dial tone on the attached phone, but it doesn't call out either

The documentation I read mentions turn on on Google Chat in Gmail. The Google folks switched mine to Google Inbox, so I can't get Gmail.

Any help will be appreciated

Thank You

SteveInWA

You've set up something incorrectly.

Google Chat is long gone, and no longer used for Google Voice on OBiTALK devices.  The instructions you read are outdated.

Completely start over from scratch, following every step in my instructions, in order; don't skip any steps:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

Please delete all of your duplicate posts.

GuyOBi

Thank You Steve.

Each time I attempted to post it came back with this error message, do I thought it failed.

"Couldn't get mail server response codes"

I will try to learn how to delete the duplicates. I am new here.

GuyOBi

I found how to delete the Duplicate posts. It was accidental because of the error message each time, I assumed it failed. Sorry about that.

GuyOBi

I did the steps you recommended and everything seems to be working fine. Thank you so much, I was getting nowhere without your assistance.

The Google Voice account connected to the Obi202 has "Forward Calls t Linked Numbers" set to the phone number I assigned to the Ooma alternate phone number. It uses a different ring tone. Currently both the phone connected to the Obi202 Phone Connection and the local Ooma Alternate Number ring for incoming calls. I think I could just uncheck "Forward Calls to Linked Numbers" on that Ooma Alternate Number". I thought I would ask if that is OK?

SteveInWA

No worries about the duplicate posts - it's not your fault.  The forum software is awful.

RE:  ringing the OOMA phone, it's up to you.  If it's now redundant, then remove the check mark/toggle it off.  Google Voice simultaneously forwards to up to six 10-digit telephone numbers, any OBiTALK device, and any Hangouts client that is set to ring on inbound calls.  Whichever one gets answered first wins.

GuyOBi

Is there some way of marking this as solved? I couldn't see where to do that.

Everything is working like I hoped thanks to your help.

SteveInWA

RE:  marking it as solved, no; this forum software is just plain horrible.  Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it working!  Thanks for the feedback.