News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot access google voice home page

Started by WilyC, September 11, 2011, 08:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilyC

Wondering if anyone can advice me what I am doing wrong?

I have set-up and registered my phone via the obi site and seemed to have navigated all the steps correctly.

When I access google talk via gmail (within google+) and select make call option it will not allow me to do so as it recognises that I do not have speakerphone/headset attached (what's correct, I havent)

How do I get the software to recognise the phone as the relevent device?

When clicking on the link on the obi set-up page the links defaults me to https://www.google.com/voice#history - even deleting the post hash part of the URL does not give me access to the homepage - re-adds the posst hash part of the address.

I think I am missing something obvious, but seemed to be caught in some loop?

Anyone out there who can help?

Thanks,
Wily

jimates

I don't think the software recognizes the absence of the speaker/mic. Perhaps you need to check your mail settings.

gmail settings -> Chat -> Call Phones -> Enable outbound voice calling

Also see this thread to find out what step you missed.

WilyC

I have checked and outbound calls option is enabled.

Any other ideas?

WilyC

Just to clarify, I have now made a call via chat and Obi confirm set-up there end is fine.

Just cannot find how to get to home page and to change the settign to phone rather than microphone.

Wehn I go to settigns all I see is a billings page - no phones tab......

RonR

Log into your Google Voice account.  On the Phones tab, you should now see a phone called Google Chat.  Enable it and you should be in business with the OBi.