News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 plus Cisco 7960 error 405

Started by cisco7960, October 17, 2018, 10:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cisco7960

My Obi 202 is performing with the analog phone no problems.
Have a Cisco7960 VOIP device too, previously used well with Simonics but now want to use the Obi202 as my SIP gateway. Have followed https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=229 and a similar guide on the forum here but am now getting the error: Register Failed: 405 Method Not Allowed.
Not sure if it's an error in the Expert side of what I've done in the Obi device or the setup in the Cisco SIP/line settings. I get a bit confused with the proxy and port settings as my 7960 has the Line 1 proxy and port entry but then also has a separate 'outbound' proxy and port option too. I've used 5063 as the port in all cases.
Appreciate any help! Thank you.

drgeoff

Recent versions of 202 firmware have introduced a change (intentional or unintentional) which prevents some IP phones from registering.

This has already been discussed a few times on these forums.  eg http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14002.10

cisco7960

Thank you @drgeoff. I went into Expert mode - and it seems I cannot input any parameters to modify settings. E.g. the current X_InboundCallRoute for SP4 is "ph" and I'm trying to input the ph,sp4(OBi200@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp) instead but I can't type there. I've tried selecting the check box to the right Device default, but when the check is on that, or the ObiTalk settings, neither allow me to input anything. I've tried the "?" button for help but that doesn't yield anything.

I can login to the obitalk via it's IP address (192.168.1.100) which appears to give me the same access to changes that expert mode does, but, whatever changes I make in there, don't save! I save them, ('submit') then reboot, and when rebooted all the changes I made have reverted back.

Any ideas?

azrobert

You need to uncheck both boxes to the right of the value. To use local interface for config changes, you have to turn off OBiTalk auto provisioning, but then you won't be able to use OBiTalk.

cisco7960

I was able to modify settings now (unchecking both!) thanks!

Settings are as follows:

SP1 - X_InboundCallRoute   ph,sp4(OBi200@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is IP address of the Cisco phone'
X_KeepAliveServerPort 5060
X_UserAgentPort 5080
X_RegisterEnable checked
X_ServProvProfile A
X_RingProfile A
X_CodecProfile A

SP4 -
X_ServProvProfile D
X_RingProfile B
X_CodecProfile A
X_InboundCallRoute {OBi200>(Msp1):sp1}
X_RegisterEnable unchecked
X_KeepAliveServerPort 5060
X_UserAgentPort 5063
AuthUserName OBi200
AuthPassword OBi200PW
X_Proxy unchecked

ITSP Profile D
ProxyServer 127.0.0.1
ProxyServerPort 5063
RegistrarServerPort 5060
X_SpoofCallerID checked

In the IP phone:
Proxy: 192.168.1.100
Proxy Port: 5063 
UserID: OBi200
Password: OBi200PW

(also in my IP phone I also have a setting for 'VOIP control port' which I've set as 5063, and 'outbound Proxy' (which is 192.168.1.100) and 'Outbound Proxy Port' (which is 5060). Not sure if those need to be tampered with/changed?

I think all of the above mirrors the instructions - but I note on https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12492.0 it says SP4 X_Proxy should be checked, but on this page: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14002.msg90092#msg90092 it shows the same SP4 X_Proxy should be unchecked. As you'll see above, mine right now is checked, but I tried both and get no success.

In my dashboard it presently shows as "Registration Not Required" for SP4.

Not sure where I've gone wrong!

cisco7960

lol - now my SP1 isn't working - says also "Registration not required" in dashboard and phone calls not working in or out on my analog device. Something I've modified obviously upset it. Hmm.

azrobert

"Registration Not Required" is normal for SP4.

The OBi firmware has a bug that causes an authentication error on some devices and registration fails. In OBi Expert go to Status -> System Status. Scroll down to SP4. You should see something like:
"Registration Not Required Local_Client xx.xx.xx.xx"
The xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of your phone. If you don't see this you need to uncheck X_Proxy. With this unchecked credentials will not be checked. Your phone then needs to be able to call without registration.

I don't know why SP1 is broken. None of your changes should break SP1 even if you have syntax errors.

Edit:

Sometimes GV will say "Registration Not Required" after a reboot and then after a few seconds connects.

cisco7960

SP1 started functioning again. Might have just dropped out for a moment.
SP4 - shows "Registration not required" only, no reference to the ip address of the phone. I did uncheck the proxy setting to see if that alters anything, but still when inbound calls come, the Cisco device doesn't ring, and,  cannot make outbound calls either. I get the little 'x' in the Cisco screen (on the device itself) which generally means it isn't getting a connection. So, I suspect it's a setting within my Cisco actual VOIP settings/setup. I may reset it all back to factory, and start from scratch to see if that rectifies it. I'll report back - thanks for the help so far!

zapattack

As mentioned previously, registration is not required.
The X probably indicates that status.
When you make a call, the phone passes the AuthorizedUserName to the OBi
(no password required) and the OBi completes the call.
Same thing on incoming call, OBi passes OBi200 to the phone and
it accepts the connection.
This is possible because the IP address is hard-wired into the settings on each device.

chachi04

Watching this thread now: I have a dusty 7940 that I just pulled out for a SIP handset and so far, I have outbound calling up and running but cannot seem to get inbound to work. I'm going to spend an afternoon switching out port numbers to see if anything works. Since our phones are similar, I'll see what settings I required to get the outbound working. I have had two results messing with ports recently where the inbound call would attempt to ring but never get anywhere and I have had calls fail to ring and end with a result of "Call ended (404 Not Found)". Don't quite know what changes that result.

Here's what I have going:

On Phone:
Line 1 Settings: Proxy Port (5063)
SIP Settings: VoIP Control Port (5060), Backup Proxy (Optional so I removed), Emergency Proxy (Optional so I removed), Outbound Proxy Port (5060)

zapattack

I believe the Proxy port in the phone must match the
Registrar Server Port in the OBi.
Also experiment with
X_SessionRefresh
X_DetectAlg
X_Sticky 18x
X_EarlyICEEnable    (to hear tones from far end)
X_EarlyICEEnableIn
A typical InboundCallRoute would be {>(1xx.):sp1}
if Using GV SIP on sp1 for free calls

chachi04

Hmm. If I change the proxy to my my Registrar Sever Port (5060) I can't dial out.

My InboundCallRoute is {>(Msp2):sp2} because I'm using another GV number on SP1 to the phone interface. Is that the correct change if I'm using SP2 to the Cisco phone?

I'll try some of those other settings; thanks for the tips!

azrobert

The IP Phone Proxy must match the SP Service X_UserAgentPort

chachi04

Oh wow... phone scared me when it rang but, disabling X_Sticky 18x got an inbound call! I need to clean up some of my registration settings as I was messing with them but I'm closer!

cisco7960

Making progress.... I've factory reset my Cisco 7960 and setup as follows:
Name: OBi200
Shortname: OBi200
Authentication name: OBi200
Authentication Password: OBi200PW
Display name: unprovisioned
Proxy address: 192.168.1.100
Proxy port: 5063

On the SIP settings at large:
Preferred codec: g711ulaw
Out of Band DTMF: avt
Register with Proxy: YES
Register expires: 3600
TFTP Directory
Phone Label: Unprovisioned
Enable VAD: NO
VoIP Control Port 5060
Start media port 16384
End media port 32766
Backup port Unprovisioned
Backup Proxy port 5060
Emergency Proxy Unprovisioned
Emergeceny Proxy Port 5060
Outbound Proxy 127.0.0.1
Outbound Proxy Port 5063

I am getting inbound calls to the Cisco - but cannot make outbound.
Any ideas?
line 1 on the device to use user name OBi200, pw OBi200PW, set the

chachi04

Okay, I'll do a really clear writeup a little later but I never thought the day would come that inbound AND outbound worked on these old phones! Now to add some complexity and pick up a few more of these since they're everywhere for cheap.

It seems like the things to keep in mind are:

The OBi will take any call and pass it though outgoing. The peername that comes through when making an outbound call is from the Line 1 Config "Name", not the "Authentication Name" but that makes no difference as stated.

The phone will only ring if the Authentication Name matches from the calling route. This means that everything should have worked using the OBi200 user but, in my fooling around, I changed all these values. In my case that's {sp4(USERNAME@192.168.1.154:5063)} which matches my AuthUserName from SP4 SIP Credentials just so my call history makes a little more sense.

Finally: disabling X_Sticky18x was the key to getting inbound to finally work. Thanks zapattack!

@cisco7960 The "x" next to the phone icon seems to be cosmetic; I think I've only seen it go away when I had real registration up and running on a previous setup. See if you can get outbound to work; that was the easiest for me. Proxy port in Line 1 Config matches SP Service X_UserAgentPort 5063 for me, VoIP control is 5063, Outbound is 5060 but unprovisioned for the IP so, I don't know if it matters . I notice your OBi's SP1 X_UserAgentPort is 5080; mine is the default 5061. Your inbound for SP4 also has a user; I'm just sending everything from the phone with {>(Msp1):sp1}

Those are the only differences right I see right away but I hope you can get your phone working too! After many hours of fiddling with this thing trying to find a clear guide, I'm excited to have a solution that might help others.

chachi04

My SIP Config page:

Messages URI: *99 (probably doesn't matter)
Preferred codec: g711ulaw
Out of Band DTMF: avt
Register with Proxy: NO
Register expires: 3600
TFTP Directory
Phone Label: Unprovisioned
Enable VAD: NO
VoIP Control Port 5063
Start media port 16384
End media port 20134 (don't think this matters to get you up and running)
Backup port blank (pulled it out later so it's empty)
Backup Proxy port 0 (pulled it out later so it put in a 0)
Emergency Proxy blank (pulled it out later so it's empty)
Emergeceny Proxy Port 0 (pulled it out later so it put in a 0)
Outbound Proxy Unprovisioned
Outbound Proxy Port 5060

cisco7960

hm - I'm stumped. I get inbound calls to the analog phone and CISCO VoIP device now (I can answer on either)  but for some reason outbound calls I dial and then it just hangs, then times out. No connection to any outbound at all. If anyone sees any setting I may have missed or has a suggestion, please let me know!

cisco7960

unless I'm missing a critical step, I've gone over the setup multiple times and cannot see how my settings differ to what is being recommended. If I buy a OBI VOIP phone, am I likely to have the same issues, or is that simply plug and play? My analog is working fine, but I can't get the Cisco to work, and I'd like additional functionality as I'm used to when Simonics was being used as my gateway for G/Voice. I may just have to throw the Cisco out and get a OBI phone from Obi but seems a shame that I can't get my Cisco working.

azrobert

What are the IP addresses of the 202 and the phone? Are they in the same subnet?