News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 plus Cisco 7960 error 405

Started by cisco7960, October 17, 2018, 10:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapattack

When you say 'hang'
what does the call history log show?
Is there a From and To entry?
Did you do a Factory Reset on the phone?

SPA Ext settings:
Use Outbound Proxy: xxx no    Use OB Proxy In Dialog: xxx no 
Register: xxx no            Make Call Without Reg: yes xx
Register Expires: ....      Ans Call Without Reg: yes xxx
Preferred Codec: G711u 
Second Preferred Codec: G711a
Use Pref Codec Only: yes xx

Password is not used

cisco7960

202 is 192.168.1.100
ip phone is 192.168.1.71

cisco7960

Quote from: zapattack on October 24, 2018, 12:36:09 AM
When you say 'hang'
when I make an outbound call on the VOIP device, it doesn't ring the number, doesn't get a busy signal immediately - just pauses, for about 20 seconds then times out.

what does the call history log show?
not sure - where do I find this?

Is there a From and To entry?
not sure - where do I find this?
Did you do a Factory Reset on the phone?
yes - I did. (on the VoIP device, not the OBi)

SPA Ext settings:
Use Outbound Proxy: xxx no    Use OB Proxy In Dialog: xxx no 
Register: xxx no            Make Call Without Reg: yes xx
Register Expires: ....      Ans Call Without Reg: yes xxx
Preferred Codec: G711u 
Second Preferred Codec: G711a
Use Pref Codec Only: yes xx

Password is not used
apologies - Im not sure on the above. I can't determine what settings you're referring to as to which I should check/change?

azrobert

Try the Phonerlite softphone for Windows. This works for me and several other people on the forum. If this works for you then you'll know the problem is with your phone setup and not the OBi or network.

Download and install Phonerlite:
http://www.phoner.de/PhonerLiteSetup.exe
Select English
Accept license agreement
Take all defaults
Create desktop shortcut
When Phonerlite starts for the 1st time a wizard will popup because no accounts are defined.
Proxy: 192.168.1.100:5063      
Click right arrow.
User Name: OBi200
Click right arrow.
Change Profile Name: OBi200
Click check mark
Uncheck box next to Register
Save
Allow network access

Dial a number and click the green phone symbol.
You can use the keyboard to dial a number.
Click red phone symbol to hang up.
You don't need a mic for Phonerlite to work.

Edit:
I just tried this from scratch and had to uncheck all the codecs except G711u

azrobert

Change the X_InboundCallRoute to: ph
Now make a call
Does the OBi202 phone ring?

If it doesn't the call isn't getting to the OBi202.

zapattack

OBi
Top of Menu
Status/Call History
is a log of all calls.

SPA Proxy and Registration and Audio Configuration settings are what works for me on the SPA525 line I use.
Yours may be named differently.
azrobert recommends verifying OBi operation to Phone port
before attempting SPA.
Check Call History log!

cisco7960

I cannot seem to get the Cisco VoIP device to work. I think I'll just get an Obitalk VOIP device. Is that the only ones I can buy to work well? Or are there other VOIP devices I could buy that will work but without headaches like the Cisco one I've already got here? Obi seem to have the cheapest at $160 thru Amazon. I'm not sure if I have to buy theres to work, or if another less expensive VOIP device would work with Obi, but hopefully easier than my existing Cisco.

azrobert

OBi IP phones support GV directly. Non-OBi devices will have to be tested with your OBi202 to make sure it will work.

PBXes.com supports the new GV.
See:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32134156-GV-on-any-SIP-device-15-free-Pbxes-com

What does you network look like? Are you running the OBi202 in Router or Bridge mode? Do you have another router? How is the IP phone connected to the network?

Did you try Phonerlite and what were the results?

cisco7960

I didn't try Phonerlite as I don't have windows. I went ahead and ordered a OBI1062. I assume this means my OBI202 isn't needed now? i.e. can I just use the 1062 plugging into my router (or connecting wirelessly) and do away with the 202?

Having read a few issues with the Cisco phones, and that it's a bit older, I would prefer to have a seamless solution that I can rely on. I'll get the 1062 up and running and hopefully be going well then. Thank you for your help and trying to get my system working.

cisco7960

got my Obihai 1062, setup was a breeze, changed DNS to Google for more stability as it wasn't always connecting to my GV account, and then imported all Google contacts. I found the phone on ebay and it is brand new, slightly more expensive (only just) than the 202 was itself. Frankly, as to why more people don't have a Obi iP phone like this is beyond me. It's simple, looks nice, has a ton of features, and with Google Voice, offers free phone service. Now if there was only a free outbound long distance (international) option then I'd be good to go! Have to fund Google some more with their reasonably low per minute rates, for now!