News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to call or receive call on my OBi200 using Google Voice

Started by jack2, October 18, 2018, 12:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack2

My OBi200 was working fine with Google Voice until a few months ago. I started using it again yesterday and was unable to make any local call or receive any call. All LED lights on OBi200 are green. When I pick up a phone connected to OBi200, I hear the dial tone fine, but when I dial a local number with 1+area code+ 7 digit number, there is total silence. Also, when I call my Google voice connected to OBi200, using my cell phone, the phone connected to OBi200 does not ring.
I ran the echo test, **9 222 222 222, and the echo test passed fine. The OBi200 is connected to SP1 and its status says "Connected". I am running out of ideas. I have not changed anything that can cause this issue. Please help.

Dan218

Jack2
I have the exact same problem.
Have you found a fix ?

Dan218

drgeoff

Quote from: jack2 on October 18, 2018, 12:48:39 PM
My OBi200 was working fine with Google Voice until a few months ago. I started using it again yesterday and was unable to make any local call or receive any call. All LED lights on OBi200 are green. When I pick up a phone connected to OBi200, I hear the dial tone fine, but when I dial a local number with 1+area code+ 7 digit number, there is total silence. Also, when I call my Google voice connected to OBi200, using my cell phone, the phone connected to OBi200 does not ring.
I ran the echo test, **9 222 222 222, and the echo test passed fine. The OBi200 is connected to SP1 and its status says "Connected". I am running out of ideas. I have not changed anything that can cause this issue. Please help.

Can you be more exact about the "Until a few months ago"?  GV made some changes during this year which necessitated updated firmware on OBis.  The lastest for Obi200/202 is build 5921 and can be downloaded from http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw.  Procedure to load it is described in Option 3 of the first post at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

jack2

I still have the same problem. I even upgraded the firmware to the specified firmware, and still have the same problem. You asked when I noticed this problem. I only use Obi200 when I want to make a call to another state. The last time I used Obi200 was about at the end of year 2017.

jack2

I take my last reply back. Your suggestion worked. The first time I tried to upgrade the firmware to version 5921, the upgrade did not actually happened. I noticed this, when I logged into the Obi200 and checked the SoftwareVersion. The SoftwareVersion was not version 5921. I then repeated the upgrade a second time, and this time the firmware  was upgraded to version 5921. Once this upgrade took place, Obi200 rebooted itself, and everything started working.

Thank you for your help!