News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up a Callcentric account

Started by Johnny, September 11, 2011, 08:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

Hey guys,

To all you folks out there that have set up a CC account either as SP1 or SP2, could you please explain how you managed this.

I used the Obi wizard and I am not able to call out at all.  Something apparently is blocking it.

Obihai and CC support teams have been very helpful, but I still can't figure this out.

Did anyone have to adjust their routers settings or reconfigure from the web portal?

I really get confused about the two ways to change settings for the Obi device.  Very confusing.  Why aren't they consolidated into one settings area?

I was at the web portal and was trying to make changes as per CC's suggestions, but nothing would stick.  Every time I went back and checked my changes, it was like I never did anything.

At this point, I have Google Voice set up as SP1 using the Obi wizard, and CC set up as SP2 using the wizard, and making changes in the web interface.  CC is listed as registered, but I still can't call out.

I really don't like the idea of opening ports in my router, so I thought I would try to get some advice from you guys on how you set up your CC accounts.

Thanks

RonR

My recommendation would be to log into the OBi directly using the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

First, set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Next, starting with all ITSPB/SP2 settings at Default, set:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : (Callcentric Proxy Server)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Callcentric Username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (Callcentric Password)

Make sure you click Submit before leaving any page you've made changes to.

Then click Reboot and wait for the OBi to reboot.

At that point you should be able to make Callcentric calls by dialing **2 + number.

Johnny

Thanks Ron,

That's pretty much how my account is set up now.

Obihai support checked my account and thought that everything was set up fine.

It seems the problem is that when a SIP invite is sent out, it is not being received.  So, apparently something is blocking it.

That's why support thought that it may be a router issue.  They advised me to turn off the firewall or put the Obi in the DMZ.

I didn't want to do that until I checked with you guys on the forum to see if anyone else that has a CC account had to go into their router and make these kind of changes.

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: Johnny on September 11, 2011, 02:32:05 PM
I didn't want to do that until I checked with you guys on the forum to see if anyone else that has a CC account had to go into their router and make these kind of changes.

A number of others on this forum have been successful getting Callcentric working and I don't believe any of them required anything special.  It should be a very vanilla setup.  What I proposed has worked for others.

earthtoobi

i use callcentric and had run into the issue where i could not register with them. this was mainly a router issue in my case.

details in this thread:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=228.0

Would suggest disable SIP ALG setting/testing without router and directly into ISP modem first(make sure you reboot modem after keeping it off for a while especially if ur ISP always looks for same MAC address from you).

please also mention your router name/model and others can chime in too who are using the same router.

Johnny

earthtoobi,

Thanks for responding.  I have a Netgear wireless router.  Model WGR614.

I really want to try to avoid making router setting changes if I can.

I would be willing to change Voip services in order to do this.

I am thinking about Voip.ms as an alternative to CC.  Does anyone have any thoughts on using Voip.ms instead of CC?

Would it be any easier to set up?

Thanks

ProfTech

I understand your not wanting to make changes in your router but it seems that some of the SIP providers require changes be made or you will never get it to work. With that said, I use Callcentric with a LinkSys router with no special setups at all. In fact that was one of the things I liked about Callcentric. However, I also was using my CC account with a D-Link router for a short time and as noted in this forum, it was required to disable ALG in that particular router. It is a simple change and as far as I could see was harmless to anything else.

Note that I was having issues with the Obi intermittently losing registration until I checked both boxes
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile -> SIP -> "X_ProxyServerRedundancy"  and
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile -> SIP -> "X_SecondaryRegistration".

This cured my registration issues. I have notified Callcentric but have not heard anything back. I am running Version 1.3 in my Obi and am not sure if these two check boxes exist in 1.2 or not.

Johnny

earthtoobi & ProfTech,

Your suggestions about disabling "SIP ALG" did the trick.  I can now make and receive calls just fine.

I really didn't want to make router changes because of security issues, but from everything I've read, disabling "SIP ALG" shouldn't be a problem.  At least I hope so.

I noticed one thing though, even though I have 7 digit dialing selected in my account, I still have to input 11 digits in order for the call to go through.

Does anyone with A CC account have their account configured so that you only have to input 7 digits to make the call?

Again, thanks to everyone for all their help.  I have contacted Obihai support and CC support and notified them of this problem being solved.

Both support staffs were excellent.

ProfTech

I use 7 digit dialing but I do not use the Obitalk web page for configuration. So I am not sure where to tell you to look on Obitalk. I know it is supposed to be do-able but afraid I couldn't tell you where to look. Sorry.

Johnny

ProfTech,

Thanks.  Could you explain how you use 7 digit dialing without using the Obitalk web page?

Is there a way to set this up in my CC account?  Some other way, maybe?

Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: Johnny on September 12, 2011, 05:55:09 PM
Could you explain how you use 7 digit dialing without using the Obitalk web page?

Supporting 7-, 10-, and 11-digit dialing is very simple and can be accomplished from the OBiTALK Web Portal or by directly accessing the OBi:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Johnny

Ron,

Thanks for that information.  It seems to be working.

Thanks.